2001 Chevy Blazer 2dr V6 5spd RWD 79,000 miles

I joined this site a while ago but just recently started really reading threads and such. With spring right around the corner, I’m looking to sell my Chevrolet Blazer. Here are the details:

2001 V6 2door 5spd RWD
79,xxx miles
4.3L Vortec motor
White with dark gray interior
LS package
CD player

Bought this truck three years ago and have used it mainly for winter. Past two winters it hasn’t seen much driving other than my old man driving it 6 miles round trip for work.

Exterior is in good shape.
-Undercoated it when I first brought it home to save it from rusting. -Rust is starting at usual spot at bottom of driver’s door, undercarriage and a couple other spots, but is minimal.
-Grille is cracked on right side from VERY SLIGHT contact with a deer 2 years ago; wasnt worth buying a new grille. Barely noticeable and headlight stays in place just fine.
-side and rear badges removed.
-tailgate has scratches from previous owner.
-Whole truck just needs a good cleaning and buff and wax job
-no rear window wiper
-Dark tinted rear window

Interior was gutted and thouroghly cleaned when I bought it.
-There is a separated seem in driver’s side seat (previous owner was an XL man), and a broken recline handle on the driver’s seat. I do have a easy fix replacement handle for it, though.
-manual locks and windows
-Pioneer CD player (two rear speakers work; the other ones are there, but dont work…never bothered to investigate. I figure its a wiring issue caused when previous owner installed CD player)
-Heat and AC work great

New brakes/emergency brake system last year and front wheel bearings this September.
Clutch and transmision show no sign of wear.
Recently inspected.
Wheels have the normal S-10 clear coat pitting.
Great all season tires-handled snow just fine.

I will post pics later.
reply to this with any questions or p.m. me.

Asking $5,500 but am open to offers…just no low balling please :slight_smile:

Thanks

Paul B

I think this is going to be a hard sale for you man, but good luck!

Why was the interior gutted? Clean title? leak anything?

One of these Blazers sold recently on this site, so I figured Id give it a shot.

Clean title. No leaks. Engine runs great. Maintained the past few years by my father who is an excellent mechanic.

The Interior (seats and carpet, some moldings) was gutted because there was a smell of cigarette smoke. My dad and I hate cigarettes and cig smoke and wanted the smell gone. the previous owner claimed he didnt smoke, but his son smoked, so I imagine whenever his son drove it, he smoked in it. So we took out the seats and shampooed them and decided to pull carpets and do those too.

In the meantime we took off some Weston side step bars and one of the bolts snapped on the driver’s side, we fixed that while the carpet was out.

Interior is back to normal and has no cigarette smell at all.

price seem pretty high but glws

Yes Im aware, but im open for offers… :slight_smile:

May be interested. Pics?

PM sent

i didnt know these things existed, everytime i inspect a blazer it comes up as 4wd or just rwd

yea the 5spd RWD ones are somewhat rare.

IIRC, I read in HotRod Magazine once that older hot rodders love taking the 5speed trans and mating it to a v8 in older muscle cars. and then using the motor for other go-fast projects.

One time 2 winters ago, I gave in and pulled into Delta sonic to get the oil changed. the guy couldnt start it because it was dark and didnt realize it was stick shift. dummy :slight_smile:

Delta Sonic Oil Changes :fail:

Out of curiousity, were there any combinations produced of 5spd/AWD?

yes, kinda. my buddy had a 98 2 door 5-speed, 4wd. I should have bought it before he traded it in.

I agree. but when you get them for christmas and its winter and cold out…id prefer not to do it. lol only one ive ever taken there and probably never again.

they made some zr1 4x4 blazers with the 5spd.

bump for a good dude.

xoxo, Walker. <3

Baker, I emailed you some pictures.

This is manual and 2WD?!?!?!?!

Fuck. I wish I needed a project. This is the exact truck I want to bodydrop.

Yes its 5spd and 2wd. buy it anyways :wink:

If it doesnt sell…my plans are to put a static 5/6 drop on it…if i can spare $1000 haha :slight_smile: they look sooooo good when theyre low.

Paul, I can get you pretty solid prices on a lowering kit. :wink:

PM me the details :slight_smile: