2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500/Cobra

This looks to be somewhat reliable information, taken from Motortrend

http://img200.exs.cx/img200/4531/07shelbycobra0so.jpg

New Motor Trend has the Cobra!!

Highlights:

"Looks to be the new Cobra or now known as the 2007 Shelby Cobra which will replace the old name Mustang SVT Cobra.

Claim it will produce 550hp and the 0-60mph time could dip below 4.0 seconds with a standing quarter mile in the low 12’s or even high 11’s and will have the GT’s supercharged aluminum 5.4-liter V-8 and a stiffened, toughened version on the (Ford GT)GT’s live axle with coil springs and an anti roll bar. it also will not weigh that much more then the Mustang GT which weighs in at 3520.

They are saying by getting rid of the IRS and putting in the solid axle they will be saving $70 million in development cost.

wow…that thing is badass!!!

nice!

but it’s still a ford! :stick:

The Ford GT has a transaxle with double wishbones. They probably mean the regular '05 GT.

Coolest Mustang ever!!!

I think they mean itll use the Ford GT’s engine, with the Mustang GT’s rear end

if it really does use the Ford GT’s engine, then its just a couple pulley sizes down from 700hp

it costs Ford $70 million to design a rear suspension? :hsugh:

yeah thats kinda funny, but if they spent that much to design thier 8.8" rear before, its worth it :tounge:

considering you know absolutely nothing about R&D about cars, I don’t think you’d be an expert to validate how much it costs to develop what for a certain vehicle.

GM poured almost $1B developing the Gen III small block. Honda is also known for extremely huge R&D costs.

pretty sweet. is that side exhaust?? i like

I’ll be all over that even though I’m a Dodge guy! It looks great!

yep that means you’ll still always looking at the back of it :blue:

why do u have ur garage door up?

+1 you