07 shelby GT500 cobra on a dyno

http://www.fuelslut.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49529

505 hp.
I want it.

http://www.vmptuning.com/shelby/ondyno.jpg

Holy shit. First the Vette with boltons doing almost 600whp, now the new Mustang doing 500whp, holy crap. I cant believe I"m saying this, but I’m actually EXCITED for Detroit!

<< Awaits the new Camaro SS.

^ :In Shock:

424 RWHP bone stock

482 RWHP with a tune

505 RWHP with a CAI

Guess it takes to bolt ons well!

nice :tup:

Though the 2003+ cobras were putting down some pretty good numbers with minimal mods too and for a LOT cheeper. too bad the new gt500 isn’t a little lighter.

WOW! I want it.

Boioioioioioioioinnngggg.

nice numbers

but a dumb car for ford to build

Alright, you can’t make a comment like that without some explaination.

They really screwed the pooch on pricing IMO. It’s an ok deal for what they are asking, it’s a horrid deal for what stealers are selling them for.

I saw a vid yesterday of one in the 10s w/ pulley, exhaust, 4.10s, DRs and a few other small things.

The new commercial for them is pretty hott. And I am not even a big fan of Mustangs.

Sounds so sick though in the commercial, you can hear the S/C whine.

i will take the POOPRA off your hands then…

now if only they looked bad ass like the 03-04’s

Very nice numbers. Just make sure if you own one of these cars you are aware of this:
“A word of warning to all Shelby GT 500 owners out there. This car has a totally unique electronic control system, not seen on any other Ford (not even the Ford GT). The drive by wire system will take power away if you pulley the car, and then add it back in slowly. The car could be given what is thought to be a safe tune on the dyno, but then blow up a few days later.”

the 3v’s (4.6L) use the fly by wire design… and if memory serves me, there is a work around for that (checks MM&FF)

Or A LOT lighter. 4000+ is a fat pig.

read a review/comparison of this car against a vette

bottom line was, nice car to look at and to cruise the streets looking cool in but the vette will walk all over it on the track any day of the week.

nice car for going fast in a straight line…if thats worth anything

I don’t think it was meant to compete against the vette… I could be wrong though

Seems like ford put a lot of development into a go fast car instead of working on more fuel efficient vehicles, with americans constantly bitching about $3.00 gas

But this is just from what I read and see, I really have no hard facts nor do I care to find them

I dunno., The FR500’s have been schooling quite a few GT3’s around the Grand-am circuit for the past 2 years.

Somebody has to build something for the Fbody straitline guys now that the Transmarobird & GTO have been scrapped.

Blackforest ROxors.