2007 Hot Rod Power Tour pics...(56K warning)

Yes I was.

My truck was sitting three spaces in at the main entrance to the venue. It was very dirty (it had mud on it from the mess in Toledo earlier in the day). Are you doing the whole tour? If so, look me up tomorrow in Little Rock. What are you driving?

Dave drove most of the way to Memphis today, so all is good. I thought about running it at the track today, but figured I should not push the issue. I’m going to drain the trans fluid tomorrow or Saturday before coming home. I just want to make sure I’m not damaging anything else like bearings and such.

There is a DynoMax Dyno challenge & a guy towed his 1959 Impala (the baddest car I have seen yet on the power tour), to try to collect the $20,000 prize for first place - highest wheel HP of the whole event. It had a 509 ci Intercooled ProCharger huffed big block & was show quality all over. It was my favorite color (Black with red interior), and has run a best of 9.67 at 4700 lbs weight (it is not tubbed, and has 9 inch slicks on it). I have tons of pics and some vids. Hopefully I can figue out how to post vids from my DVD camcorder. His first run was 787 hp, and it was very rich & sounded like it lost a cylinder (maybe fouled plug) at the end. He was getting ready to make the 2nd run when it started misfiring again, so they pulled it off the dyno & said they would try it later. We did not get to see his later runs, but he didn’t use the N20 on the first run & he told me the car has made 950 hp off the bottle. He had never made before a full dyno run with the N20, and was planning on doing so today. We will find out tomorrow if he made anymore runs. By the way, 787 hp was good enoug for 2nd place. Supposedly there was a 68 camaro that has been driven the whole PT that made over 800 whp.

It was hot today (still is) and I got burnt pretty bad. The truck is running great & so far we have gotten 14 mpg average for the whole trip (including many drag races, burnouts, 100+ mph runs, etc). I’m happy with that.

We are going to leave early again tomorrow, so I will try to post some pics tomorrow night.