2007 Hot Rod Power Tour pics...(56K warning)

You sure the Fiero was a DOHC?

im guessing since he put it in the comment im gonna go with YES:doh:

Damn Tod, sounds liek a great time.

And NO, a Fiero did not come with a 3.4 DOHC, but if you’ve got the time and the patience, a 3.4 Twin Dual Cam out of a mid 90’s GTP/Lumina Z34 will go in the back. Even better with a hair dryer on it.

I know it didn’t, but I was trying to determine if it was a 3400 setup, or one of the GTP / Z34 twin cam. I’ve always been a fan of the GM 60*V6 line.

Having a great time. The weather has been great over the last couple days. Got lots of pics that I will post later. It has been a loooooong day. I’m going to bed, but will try to post pics tomorrow.

Did some more 100+ mph runs today again. The roads in the Mid West are awesome. There are 2 lane back roads with straightaways that are a few miles long, passing zones forever, and the occasional farm implement doing 20 mph. Makes for interesting travel.

Well all the hammering on the truck the last couple of days has got us into a pickle. I broke the tranny in the truck today & do not know if I am going to pull it out in Memphis tomorrow or not. While drag racing an LS1 f-body (I was pulling away), I got it stuck in forth and could not get it out. We were able to get to Evansville tonight, about 170 miles after it got locked into 4th gear. The truck is running well, but 4th don’t work no more & I have trouble getting it into reverse. Plus now Dave is afraid to drive it with a “broken wing”. He better man up quick, 'cause we have 1500 miles to go & I aint driving it all.

I ordered a 3-4 shift fork from D & D Performance & had it shipped to tomorrow’s venue, but I am having second thoughts about pulling the trans & replacing the fork. I am not 100% sure it is a fork. Tremec is a PT sponsor, and they had a cutaway T56 on display to look at. Also, I was speaking with one of the reps & he thinks I may have broken a syncro ring instead.

Power Tour is great & I’m not letting this ruin the trip. If I decide to limp it through the rest of the trip, we will still have fun anyways.

I don’t feel so bad because one of the guys I was running with yesterday blew the rear end up in his LS1 Camaro last night. They pulled it out in the hotel lot & had the spider gears welded together & got it back on the road. Tonight, he was doing donuts in the parking lot at the event, so I guess it is all better. Another guy that is at our hotel tonight, just put a new tranny in his 71 Mach 1 Mustang that went in Chicago traffic two days ago. He had a tranny shipped to here in evansville & the changed it tonight at another PT participant’s house about 10 miles away from the hotel. He jsut finished it about an hour ago & is ready to get on the road.

There are many others with breakage (we’ve seen them on trailers & at the GM Motor Medic trailer every night. They were doing some welding tonight on a Nova when we left the fairgrounds.

Wow…1 thing after another tod, thats sucks…But i’m glad to see u still making the best of it…and u better :wtcslap: dave …lol

G/L on the rest of the trip

It wouldn’t be the Power Tour if nothing broke. It’s all about the experience, and great stories to tell your boy. I’d love to do that sometime. Keep us updated.

things break, but at least you were winning:tounge:

I looked for your truck in Kalamazoo but couldn’t find it-- too bad the weather was so lousy. Glad to hear you’re having a good time despite the tranny/ driveshaft troubles.

Tell Dave I said to hike up his control-top pantyhose and get behind the wheel :burnout: :).

Yes I was.

My truck was sitting three spaces in at the main entrance to the venue. It was very dirty (it had mud on it from the mess in Toledo earlier in the day). Are you doing the whole tour? If so, look me up tomorrow in Little Rock. What are you driving?

Dave drove most of the way to Memphis today, so all is good. I thought about running it at the track today, but figured I should not push the issue. I’m going to drain the trans fluid tomorrow or Saturday before coming home. I just want to make sure I’m not damaging anything else like bearings and such.

There is a DynoMax Dyno challenge & a guy towed his 1959 Impala (the baddest car I have seen yet on the power tour), to try to collect the $20,000 prize for first place - highest wheel HP of the whole event. It had a 509 ci Intercooled ProCharger huffed big block & was show quality all over. It was my favorite color (Black with red interior), and has run a best of 9.67 at 4700 lbs weight (it is not tubbed, and has 9 inch slicks on it). I have tons of pics and some vids. Hopefully I can figue out how to post vids from my DVD camcorder. His first run was 787 hp, and it was very rich & sounded like it lost a cylinder (maybe fouled plug) at the end. He was getting ready to make the 2nd run when it started misfiring again, so they pulled it off the dyno & said they would try it later. We did not get to see his later runs, but he didn’t use the N20 on the first run & he told me the car has made 950 hp off the bottle. He had never made before a full dyno run with the N20, and was planning on doing so today. We will find out tomorrow if he made anymore runs. By the way, 787 hp was good enoug for 2nd place. Supposedly there was a 68 camaro that has been driven the whole PT that made over 800 whp.

It was hot today (still is) and I got burnt pretty bad. The truck is running great & so far we have gotten 14 mpg average for the whole trip (including many drag races, burnouts, 100+ mph runs, etc). I’m happy with that.

We are going to leave early again tomorrow, so I will try to post some pics tomorrow night.

Sweeet…glad to hear shes still running good for ya buddy … :smiley:

I probably walked right past it. I’m not on the tour-- I lived in Kalamazoo for 10 years so the Power Tour was a good excuse to go and visit friends and check out cars.

Sorry, everybody that I have not posted anymore pics for a few days. Did alot of driving for the last couple of days. Got home yesterday about 4pm. We stayed at a friend’s house in Louisville, instead of making the 951 mile trip back from Little Rock in one day.

The truck ran flawlessly, other than the two minor issues I ran into. The driveshaft (which was an issue before leaving home), and the transmission. The truck was driven another 1500 miles after I lost 4th gear, and honestly I don’t really miss it. I will fix it, but not for a week or so.

The details on the trip are as follows…

• 7 cities in 7 days - 7 states total (although we were in some of those states two or three times in the week)
  • 2712 total miles
  • 50 hours total drive time
  • 189 gallons of fuel used
  • 6 quarts of oil (you gotta love big block chevys)
  • 14.33 mpg average for the total trip (including drag racing, street racing, 120mph runs, sitting in Chicago traffic & construction zones, and the A/C was used for most of the trip)
  • 16.8 mpg was best leg of trip
  • 123mph top speed of trip (according to GPS)
  • stone chip in windshield
  • probably many paint chips (who cares - it aint a show truck)
  • made two passes @ Union Grove Dragaway in WI - a 14.0 and 13.4 with all luggage, tools, spare tire, etc in back of truck
  • several day of downpouring rain, and used RainX only. My truck has no wipers.
  • met many great people along the way
  • need T56 trans pulled & repaired (no 4th gear)
  • great stories to tell

I have posted many more pics on my site. Go here to view them: http://www.akvalley.net/~ss/2007PowerTour.html Again, it is not 56K friendly.

The Wheel to Wheel Nova did not make any passes all week, because of a slipping transmission. It did complete the whole Power Tour, though. He will be running it at drag week again this year.

This pic of my GPS was taken at Arkansas State Fairgrounds just as we were heading home…
http://www.akvalley.net/~ss/PTgps.jpg

Here is a pic of it when we got home…
http://www.akvalley.net/~ss/PTgps1.jpg

I really really REALLY want to take my Blazer on this one year. It just sounds like such a great time.

What kind of GPS unit is that? I’m looking for one possibly.

Garmin Nuvi 660 (tigergps.com for $629 shipped)

wow it looked like a great trip
glad you havec shared the pics and stories with us

Glad to hear u made it home in 1 pc tod…

awesome pics too !

i’m in love

http://www.akvalley.net/~ss/PTspaltruck.jpg