2007 Hot Rod Power Tour pics...(56K warning)

It had a Procharger blown LS1 in it. It was shiny when painted, but they took a scotch brite pad to it. It is SPAL’s truck. http://www.spalusa.com/ then click on the “fun stuff” link.

:drool:

I broke the 3-4 shift fork in my T/A. It locked into 4th, and wouldn’t come out, i ended up murdering the clutch trying to get it home.

My buddy Joe’s Ty is at the tranny shop now … was driving it to irwin saturday and lost like a gear or 2 cant remember which 1 he said but was able gimp it home…but he changed the fluid and filter and it would go into 1st & 2nd gear then but still not shift right at all…

tell him to check the tension on the TV cable… pm me for more.

So what happened with the impala on the dyno? did he win with the bottle?

The impala fouled all of the plugs, but they said it was only running on 6 cylinders on the only run it did. This was from the Dynomax guys who run the dyno. They said the plugs were fouled so bad, he didn’t want to risk anything. Kinda sux for him, as he towed it from Florida to Memphis for one dyno run. I would have liked to see it on the juice. The Dynomax guys said the owner was expecting more than 1000 rwhp out of it.

Damn that sux. I would have thought maybe he broght extra, or they were giving him time to get some from reading the first post…

Well, I guess it wasn’t so much the plugs as it was how rich it was running. It was carb’d so there wasn’t really an easy way to tune it on site (plumbing, blow thru setup). I don’t think it was because he didn’t have any plugs. I think he was just having some issues and didn’t want to hurt anything.

Unfortunately, the only info I got was from the Dynomax guys.

That car was on Power Tour last year. He had some massive torque figure but only 600whp and it ran retarded rich. Sounds like it isn’t running any better this year. It looks and sounds wicked though. I hope he sorts it out and gets a good number. Oh and I hate carbs. :rolleyes:

http://www.ls1tech.com/PowerTour07/index_7.htm

I pulled the tranny tonight. Found 3 broken “keys” for 3/4 syncro & a worn blocker ring. Probably about $20 in parts to fix it. I am ordering the steel 3/4 shift fork while I am at it. All of the loose broken pieces were stuck to the two magnets at the bottom of the trans. The fluid was perfectly clean & there was no damage to any bearings & other components. This tranny was not making any noise, just wouldn’t come out of 4th gear (if you were able to get it into 4th in the first place). I am just installing what it needs for now. In the future, I would like to get a spare '95+ LT1 T56 to have as a backup.

Hopefully, I will get it back together for this weekend.

Can you post some of your videos from Power Tour? They sound interesting!!:burnout:

I have been waiting for them to be posted. There was a guy who did the vids at the hotels. I have gotten a few emails from him, but he has not sent me the vids yet.

As for my videos, I have no clue how to take them from DVD to the web. I’m silly that way.

Tod,

Hook your video camera to the computer via Firewire cable (1394) and you can just use Windows Movie Maker to throw videos together.

oh man, i can’t wait for vids!!

I will try when I get a chance.

Someone else made this suggestion to me a few days ago, but I have been very busy.

No promises, but I’ll try.