2008 Corrado.....

:word:

Its a VDub, so it must be slow and ghey.

i keed, i keeeeed.

I dunno its got some nice lines but when I think of a VW Im not thinking sports car anymore. Why do companies insist on making all there cars look the same, maybe trying to copy what BMW has sucessfully done for years?? I dont like it, its ok for some lame cars like family sedans and such but lose the passat/jetta/golf/A4/A6/etc grill when your designing a sports car. Well maybe the intent of VW here is not a sportscar. With only like 200 HP on tap its not gonna be much of one anyway. My ranger has 200 HP:rofl:

Sure, a 200hp version would be ghey. The only one worth owning would be a 3.2 or 3.6L V6 version. That would in the neighborhood of 280-320hp.

Its front wheel drive… no real sports car is front wheel drive.

VW needs to just remake the old corrado with RWD. :slight_smile:

I knew that was coming^

Not bad looking so far. We’ll see what happens. Good to see the Corrado coming back, always was a fan…

hahaha, I knew that you knew that it was coming :slight_smile:

I knew that you knew that he knew I was gonna be coming in your moms butt tonight.

Anyways, I like it. T-bo awd will be pretty killer.

i like it

"Its front wheel drive… no real sports car is front wheel drive.

VW needs to just remake the old corrado with RWD. :)"

hahahahaaha…thats why the greatest sports car(s) ever created, not to mention the least expensive and most reverred are FF.
integra type-r, mini cooper(original and new type-s), and VW Rabbit GTi…thank you for playing though, please come back when you know what your talking about.
–there is nothing wrong with FF if you can get the car’s balance perfect and you can get someone to drive the snot out of it, like steve yeoh, or mike louie.

maybe you should think back a little farther, the ITr, cooper and gti, although maybe “revered” by the younger generation, cant hold a candle to the all time greats

shelby’s twin paxton cobra
shelbys normal cobras
the shelby gt500’s
any of the old school ferrari’s
the yenko camaros, novas, chevelles, and corvettes
the baldwin motion cars
the winged mopars built for the super speedway homoglination
ect, ect

the # of “greatest” rear wheel cars > the # of “greatest” fwd cars

almost looks like an aston martin…

and i think a car that looks like that should come with more than 200 to 250 hp…just my .02 though

i think maybe vw/ audi should stop building cars that have the 1.8 in them … its realy getting boring

cmon … design a new 2.0T or some shit, and throw it in a rwd or awd corrado

and make the engine managment system easily reflashed

watch as vw guys trade in w/e they have to own vw’s version of the evo …

and they can even have a fwd version that rocks the 1.8 to keep the platform proifitable

soloIIscoob wrote:

hahahahaaha…thats why the greatest sports car(s) ever created, not to mention the least expensive and most reverred are FF.
integra type-r, mini cooper(original and new type-s), and VW Rabbit GTi…thank you for playing though, please come back when you know what your talking about.

I’m sorry, but you laugh at someone for supposedly not knowing what they are talking about, then call the Interga, the Mini and the GTi the “greatest sports cars ever created”?

Really??

Seriously???

No 1.8T will be going in the new Corrado. That engine isn’t even being produced. Maybe the twin charged 1.4L so you can get 45 mpg in your Corrado.
The 2.0T isn’t half bad. With a reflash you go from 197hp/207 lb ft to 265hp/300 lb ft with the stock terd blow. If the weight can be kept under 2 tons unlike every new VW, this car could be fun. Rumor is the new R32 which will be called an R36 will have a 3.6L VR6 (from the new Passat) with 300hp/300 lb ft of torque and AWD. The new 3.6L VR6 will weigh less than the outgoing 3.2L VR6. I hope they put the new 3.6L in the Corrado. No lag should make this car decently quick cause there aren’t any fast VW’s :shoot:

BTW look at every failure in this class size that has RWD. The new 1 series from BMW isn’t selling as well because people complain about space constraints with the RWD platform.

I hope it isn’t priced like the original Corrado. It was a failure because it was too expensive.

yea. I am saying that. what are you and your slowbaru gonna do about it?
and BTW i meant the original mini, the original GTi and the type-r, i did not say the crappy base models, did i? no exactly…and when these cars were created, they kicked ass in motorsports and revolutionized the racing industry. the type-r has almost perfect balance and will win a real race(not pussy big block straight line i have a for 9" rear end racing)against anything remotely as expensive.
you auto-x i am surprised you are even having htis conversation with me…you should know “drag racing is for fast cars…auto-xing is for fast drivers”…put me in a type-r, give me an auto-x track and i will slaughter vettes, porsches, vipers, anything…
I am surprised at you…you know steve yeoh, you know he massacres any car and any driver, except maybe his co-driver by at least a second at every event…for shame

go take that ITR, register for the silver state classic, and go get your ass handed to you by those same cars you listed

i consider any road race that has an unlimited speed class to be “real racing”

chances are you wouldnt have the balls to drive 90 miles and AVERAGE 214mph along the way

http://hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/113_0504_red/

okay. you’re all right…like always…and im always wrong like always…

i was not specific enough. For the money there is no better performing sports car than the type-r…

HOWEVER…and that is a big however…give me the same budget as a high dollar, high horsepower RWD, or AWD car and i can build a FF platform to compete with it…

you people need to stop bringing infinite budgets into these conversations, because in reality, who has the budget, besides big name companies to build
100K+ racecars…i certainly don’t…so when i want to build a racecar to spank all of you on a road course, auto-x course its going to be a 50K integra type-r…

and please do not question my testicular fortitude…your gf/wife or whatever would not like it…

…the reason i can’t participate in the silver state classic in the unlimited class is because i again do not have 300K+ to spend on a racecar…but when i do, its going to be in my Ruf Rt.12, fresh from the showroom with 2 less cylinders and 3 more seats…that way i can bring your family and show them what its like to be witha real driver…

if you mean ex-gf … please … keep fucking her … shes the kinda girl who gives bj’s in bar bathrooms

youll be the second person in the area to wind up with some newest coolest asian disease