2008 Volvo C30

yup. nice.

i am with you 110%…if they did, i would buy it. i would SOOOOOOOO buy it

It is built off of the same platform as the Mazda3.
AWD + Turbo sounds possible. Mazda3 can’t be AWD because it would hurt the Mazda6, but making all “R” models of Volvo are AWD + Turbo. Hence making it logical for this to be too.

I’d say it be around $29k if it came out.

If they went with the 2.3L (doubt it) then it has been proven for 276hp easily. I know nothing about the 2.5 I-5 though. Guestimate maybe 260HP would be a good goal for that car at $29k. :3

I dig it :tup:

if that was all wheel drive, i’d rock one of those before i drove a sti or evo.

:gotme:

the s60r is 300hp/300tq…and a STOUT motor. ive been looking into one of these and will probably buy myself one as a grad gift.

i talked with EVOLVE (aftermarket volvo parts guys) and they are in developement of a complete turbo upgrade kit that will swap the turbo out, dual intercoolers, new software, 3" turboback exhuast, and whatnot…
they say it will yeild around 440awhp…STOCK MOTOR

imagine THAT in a c30 that weights a few hundred pounds less and a more agile chassis

Once again, this is a seriously cool car.

i like it

oh noes. i figured it was a related topic.

I would love that!!

im sure the euros will have their awd turboness, and the states will get the foci FWD powertrain… like the usual FORD imports.

Id rock it if i could lose the huge volvo slash grill. and throw something modern on there.

someday ill be able to use the ford family discount on something worth buying.

I can see a Volvo C30 R with AWD and ~300hp.

For about $35,000. :confused:

thats not the RS right there…that is the TDCi turbo diesel model. there is an inside guy on ffoc.co.uk that confirmed it…
"Hi Everyone
Sorry but that is the ST TDCI.
Those are my collegue’s driving that focus.

The good news we do have 14 RS Test vehicle’s going around.
Some in Germany, Norway and the States. It’s got wider wheel arches and there’s alot of tape masking the front air vents on the bonnet.

The engine is a volvo 3 litre turbo engine.

stig
team rs"

"The RS Will be on sale in 2008. Maybe earlier.
The Ford Focus will under go a face lift keeping in the lines of the new Mondeo and S-Max. This is when we expect to launch the RS.
We are not having the Focus WRC Livered up with Ford RS Just for the hell of it. I have been told by my boss’s that there have been quite a feedback from customers who want more.
The Volvo C30 Will have exactly same engine as the RS for it’s top of the range too.
4 wheel drive
3 litre turbo being built at this very moment in time.
Brembo braking systems
kkk turbocharger.

As we made a loss on the last RS, We don’t want to do the same with this one.

We are also talking about a competition version too, that will have a 2 litre engine and will cost about £80k "

this is the REAL RS testbed
http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/gossip/ford-considering-hot-new-focus-rs-121394.php
…basically the TDCi sport body with the fenders flared a bit more for now…the bumpers will be different for the final design