2009 Car Shows

Here are a few car shows of interest for 2009:

1st Annual Lowered Ambitions Lowdown
Camrose at the North Norseman Inn Parking Lot
Sunday May 31
1:00-5:00pm
Cost: FREE

Lowered ambitions was talking to Craig at Powerama and invited us to attend this show. Could be a good time.

DMCC Drift Event
Castrol Raceway
Sunday May 31

Reynolds Mueseum Ultimate Car Show
Wetaskiwin at the RAM
June 13-14
Time: ???
Cost:???

This is a pretty big event with a tom of classics and a huge cruise. Ryan may want to look into this with more detail to see if we can get in on this IF there is interest. This could be a fun day trip cruise on a nice summer day :smiley:

Vintage Car Day
Ukrainian Heritage Village
East on HWY past Elk Island Park
Saturday June 27
Time: 10am-6pm
Admission: ???

I have never been to the village and I am not sure what to expect but from what I have been reading up on, lots of vintage cars and I say some pretty cool photo ops. This is not a show we can be involved in, but a good way to waste a Saturday if the weather is great.

Edmonton Summer Cruise
Borden Park - Edmonton
Friday - Sunday June 26-28

I have been at this show a few times and it is an awesome display of vintages, classics and ratrods. I would say it is the biggest classic car show in Edmonton. I have snapped quite a few awesome pics from this show.

There is a Show and shine Taking Place at Leduc Composite High School on May 09 starting at 10AM if anyone is interested. It helps fund there automotive racer program, in which the students build and race vehicles owned by the school out at Castrol. They currently have a jeep YJ That is just sick fast. I’ve gone the last 2 yrs and there has been a great turnout with everything from old muscle cars to 11 sec supras to vipers and Z06’s.
We register the morning of the event. Registration is free but feel free to make a donation. If you wish to enter into public voting for best in show its $1 to enter. There are different categories for vehicles.
older than 1950, 1950-1970, 1970-2000, 2000+. There will be a barbque held there as well. Its usually a good show so come out if interested. If you need directions pm me

September 27, 20009 - River City Classics (and classics is a lose term) in High River.

I have attended this event before. If you like cars this is a must attend event. If you restrict your interest to late model (1989+) Nissans only then this isn’t an event for you.

There is everything there from Model Ts to Ferraris, muscle cars to VW vans, imports and domestics, and so on. Last year there were over 1000 vehicles. Basically the entire downtown of High River is filled with a giant car show. IMO it is a great day!

If you want to know more go to www.rivercityclassics.com

If I can get my car to idle properly and it isn’t freezing I am going in the roadster and go with my uncle in his Lotus.