2010 Season Diggums and Roll Races...

My car spins through third, you need to exercise throttle control.

i can make the vette blow them off well thru second gear. and my mustang blew the steam rollers off amost into third, learn how to feather the throttle. thats part of driving.

Exactly. Throttle controll is much easier the higher the gear selection goes with vehicle speed. You can run %70 throttle pos in 3rd and hook, but 70% in 1st no way. The margin of error is MUCH higher the LOWER the gear ratio is. if you graph it the ramp up from hooking first gear would be like +/- say 60% throttle input and hooking 3rd gear is like +/- %15 throttle input.

Now take the time your in each gear. 1st lasts about 1 second, and 2rd lasts about 5 or so lets say. That MULTIPLYS the odds of hooking greatly with the given examples above.

Your both on rwd cars! every time you get on the gas it ttransers the power to the drive wheels… NOT AWAY FROM THEM

Tell me this… how hard was it for you to hook 1st on wet roads getting on it somewhat hard???

EDIT… Come to Ft johnson. I will kindly hand the keys to my jetta to all three of you and you can show me how to drive it.

You chose to build a FWD not us.

Hooking first on dry roads is hard in all three of my rwd cars with half throttle. Fuck i cant barely keep my truck from spinning in wet roads. Whats the point of that statement?

yea i hear ya… the evo bone stock was just as fast as my 30R 1.8t on 15psi was…

in a couple weeks we can try you on w/g pressure and me still stock with theexception of a new clutch.

oh, its not my fault your gonna spin, get a better set up or learn how to drive!!! i never dig ran my 1.8t because i couldn’t drive it!!!

Yea, no stock clutch. Most of the guys run 22’s on these

i never said i was making boost in first. but on slicks itll do its thing in every gear. and why no slicks on the street? gotta try to make the field level somehow. it takes 10 minutes to put them on… i came out on them ready to go. i live in colonie bro. not far for me to travel…

ill show you how to drive that car. but im not responsible for a broken transmission.:lol

yall act like its rocket science to drive a car. slip the clutch and be graceful with throttle imputs. and FYI, i could launch in 2nd on street tires and take off pretty nicely. if youve got coilovers just jack the back up a bit. helps out.

Dumb statement… we build what we owned and could at the time one way or another. This wasnt ment to be more of a physics lession I guess here. but in the end its just some friendly ball bustin.

yeah petie I wana meet up with you for sure man. I will kindly knock the boost back down to 16psi if you would like. Its all fun for me thats all that matters.

Better setup is comming, with time… I have some plans under the radar that will hopefully set my front end up much better than slapping some tires and some coilovers and calling it a “setup”. Hopefully with those mods I can manage to hook MORE TQ to the ground and be faster. :thumbup

yeah i know, im not trying to be a dick i just had no clue wtf you were tryin to get at lol.

Didnt think you could be planting any boost in 1-2. So with that in mind, wouldnt it be a much better soultion to just cut boost or minimize the shit out of it and just plant your foot to make the most NA power in those gears to be more consistant and quicker?

Running slicks is not only illegal (I am one to talk I know. lol) but it aint safe if it rains or you hit some dirt. Not to mention driving around on them constantly, doesnt that wear the shit out of them?

Its not rocket science but like you said it takes practice and a well setup car to make it worth while. And its each car is much different from the next.

works for me, won’t be doing much with the car for next few weeks until it gets tuned with the stuff i have laying around.

not only do they suck safety wise on the street but it doesn’t necesarily wear them out under normal driving. It actually hardens the compound more. Makes them into nothing more than a p.o.s. bald hard tire. Of course they wear quickly as well. But they arent meant to be driven around on and when the compound starts to harden there’s really no saving them.

Exactly. all very valid reasons why its ghey to run slicks on the road… keep them to the track. unless you have money to burn I guess.

gotta pay to play.

dkid
joey
pete
88slowmarro

anyone else I’m missing?

We gotta go again buddy! Still cant believ you dident completely walk me right off the rip… was really expsecting you to put a couple cars on me… but i stayed on that quarter/bumper pretty good…

hahaHA. Murrdog’s car will be a good race for Laduke, being generous.

That’s a HUGE, fucking HUGE, difference in trap speeds you idiot.

Assuming dig? No prob, 112 + 24.5"er’s. Name a place.

hahaha

22’s are small for my setup and murrdogs setup. Were all motor k24’s. You should make much more power than us. People here are underestimating the d16 especially in a cx hatch.