2014 Chevrolet SS

Having a manual transmission doesn’t make it “sport” since every car manufacture is moving away from manual anyways lol

I was just curious if we will end up with the more aggressive styling that they have with the holden/whatever model they call it over seas.

However if this base model is really upper 30s and the more aggressive model would be pushed into the 40s there are now many many alternatives.

They were more then that, although my 2000 Trans am WS6 was loaded I had the window sticker which said $33k

I have the window sticker for my 1998 Formula

You realize Transam was more and WS6 was more money on top.

MSRP $23,000

I dont know what to think. Something about american cars… you can just tell when you look at them, they were produced in the US. They just dont have the appealing look to me that grabs my attention and keeps me searching for stories about it.

I think you wrote that wrong

Since Toyota and other foreign companies produce cars in America.

maybe your 98 was, alot of 01/02’s loaded out were in the low 30s, and hell that was 12yrs ago in model years, look at inflation and the economy since 2001/2002.
I think the US dollar used to be worth about $1.75 Canadia back then and gas was about $1.60 a gallon so alot has changed

I understand that concept.

The thing is GM pushing a upper 30k car is now playing the territory of Infinti, BMW, Mercedes, Audi and a number of other cars while 400hp is nice it won’t compete in other categories with those brands.

time will tell on the price, maybe after a couple years a used one could be had in the mid to low 20s, Infiniti , Audi, Mercedes ect are all well and good but they are not LSx powered, I understand gear heads are not GMs core market but theres a ton of LTx and LSx guys who have a family now and would love a easy to mod 4 door, these cars will do alright, I am sure GM didn’t stick a LS3 into a 4 door to revolutionize the brand, the way I look at it , its picking up where the 96 Impala SS left off…

Used cars are great but people need to buy them in the first place before they become used.

If you compare this to the G8 its a lot more bland with its styling and far less sporty looking.

Also the 1996 Impala is a horrible example the SS was a very small subset of a specific model.

This an entire new model based around RWD V8

its the first rwd V8 sedan Chevy has made for the public since the 96 Caprice/Impala , I am not a bean counter at GM I could care less how many sell, as long as some exist for me to buy used someday.
Sure it would be great if Chevy sold 100000000 of them but honestly what percentage of the american populations wants a 400+ hp rwd car that takes 91+ octane???

Ask BMW how many 335is they have sold in the US? lol

I thought the 5.0 mustang stole all their sales

Yea but I’m willing to bet a large portion of people buying them buy it because it says “BMW” on the badge. I’m sure they don’t give a shit about power, 335 is the most expensive non-M 3 series. To the average American that means best car because it is more expensive than the other.

Even if this Chevy is awesome I feel they people looking to spend 30-40k on a new sedan will go with Mercedes/BMW/Audi/infinity/Lexus because of the brand image. Unless Chevy gives these away

looks like shit

What exactly is this car’s competition?

GM hoping to lure some of the euro-lux crowd by offering more power for less money? Seems like bad plan since the bowtie logo doesn’t carry the status that most of that demographic is looking for. No one at the country club is going to care that you can run the 1/4 mile x.x seconds faster than their 5 series.

Something more family oriented for the Camaro/Vette crowd that knocked up their old ladies?

If this was low 30s :tup:

Hell you can get a g37 Sedan for 37k new

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

If it looked like this for upper 30s

for some reason I expected an SS Silverado

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2013/05/628x417xholden-hsv-gts-opt.jpg.pagespeed.ic.3OKzFK6hZb.jpg

Holden HSV GTS

still like the previous generation more… should be easy to swap the front clip since the body is the same.

Still think chevy needs to ditch the symbol they have here. Looks so ugly on the front of the cars. The Holden shown looks pretty good, obviously a reproduced G8. They should bring that car back, but to the states.