2014 Chevrolet SS

That’s what this thread is about. The Chevy SS is gonna be based on that platform for the US.

:lol: pretty sure he had no idea what is going on in this thread

+1

When it goes on sale in the fourth quarter of this year, the new SS will have a starting price of $44,470 (*including $995 for destination),
The SS will bring its 415-horsepower, 3,975-pound self to the party delivering performance that is expected to allow the sedan to hit 60 miles per hour in “about five seconds.” As for equipment, the 2014 SS will come packaged with just a single, fully loaded trim level that includes a head-up display, headed and cooled front seats, Chevrolet MyLink and a Bose audio system. Aside from a $900 sunroof and $500 spare tire package, the only choice you’ll have to make when buying an SS is the color.

Probably would have been better to price at $39k and option it up to $45k, but as a low volume halo car they are going in this direction. Reminds me of the first CTS-V, options in 2004 were sunroof (yes/no) and Black or Silver, every else; navi, HIDs, heated seats, etc was standard. I guess it makes ordering for the dealers easier.
I would have liked a more agressive styling stripped down version, but I don’t think I am there target customer.

I’m really curious to see how they will lease out with GMS. Going to make the difference between picking one up as my next DD, or going used CTS-V or M56x.

Looks good in the wild. Better than I expected.

They should make the bow tie bigger, I wasn’t sure it was a Chevy.

An aftermarket grill and a cool color; this might not look bad at all. Someone photoshop a de-badged grill and a nice bright blue.

Something like the Impala’s size would look great.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqR,!rIFF0IQtmm+BRiPBB)ubg~~_4.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GxvDV6IAcVk/TgahI5_uB6I/AAAAAAAABAM/8EOncFH13PY/s1600/jumbo-red-bow-tie-12-inch-.jpg

Granted the Benz star will now illuminate for an extra $500 when you unlock the car. Brand and logo recognition at it’s finest.

Barf lol I hate the general public. The first thing I did to my F150 was rip off all the badges that I could. I think there were like 5 EcoBoost badges and endless FX2’s. So much cleaner…I’d have way more respect and leave badges if they made them classy in the least bit. Think late 60s era badges.

Say hello to my kindergarten editing skills…
http://i39.tinypic.com/jsle3c.jpg

LoL much better

Say hello to the Toyota Camary, lol

Still waiting to see one in person before really hating on it.

The starting price is really :tif: should have made it optioned up to that price.

They should of tried to make it cooler, this design looks too plan it’s gonna go no where.

I was hating on it pretty hard. Saw it in person and hate it less. Waiting to see it in a color other than gray. That might help the lines as well.

No no no. When I had my GTO, guys here jerked off over making them a Holden. They fucking payed up the ass for the clusters, bumpers, wheels, etc etc. Then, guys in Australia/NZ made their Holdens a Pontiac. Whatever you don’t have, you’ll want. If that SS had an emblem of a wet 19 year old vagina, and in another country they had a sweaty black dong, people would bitch and cry saying “They need to ditch the wet 19 year old vagina emblem for the black cock emblem.” It’s an emblem, who cares.

This.
Haven’t you heard? Cars are so 5 years ago. Join the rest of nyspeed in the discussion of slacks and the stock market…

I’m hoping this will be the beginning and they will become more aggressive

It’s interesting to see then roll out more v8s when mpg requirements keep raising

It looks kinda like an accord much prefer the front end of my G8

I don’t get why they go so bland on the USDM styling compared to the Aussie stuff. Then again, the Aussie ones also sticker $20k higher after the exchange rate.