what do ppl think of the cobalt ss?

i think im buying one tomorrow…ill keep the civic as a project and the ss will be my daily…its a 07 with 1600 miles on it. It drove pretty nice. anyone have any comments?

I think it’s a great sleeper in the right color, I have read that they handle pretty good for a FWD car with a twist beam rear axle. The C&D Test I read a few years back tested it against an SRT-4 and it kept up with that on a track (real track, not drag strip)

it did handle pretty nice today. i took it on the 400…got it up to 110…it handled lane changes nicely at 90

I think cobalts are stupid. Most people I know who drive the SS version are douche bags. No offense… just my personal opinion.

yes i know that…ive heard alot of ppl that drive them are…but im not. its not a race car…lol…i think itll be a nice daily and itll have a bit of power when i want to pass on the highway since i do most of my driving on it.

Chevy decided to get rid of the s/c SS model for the upcoming year. They are keeping the n/a SS model but now calling it “Sport” Apparently it was much of a hit.

they are decent cars…I’ve had mine for almost 3 years now and its starts everyday and I can’t complain. I’ll sell you mine for 16k…35k miles and its an 05…

i like them and u can find them cheap

the mark of a satisfied owner… trying to get rid of it @ the drop of the hat

I’ve definitely seen you beat the piss out of it though.

The saturn red line is a little nicer looking.

Im definately not dissatisfied with the car by any means at all.aparently wanting to sell it must mean I hate it…only reason I want to sell it is to upgrade to an 02-04 z06. And aparently going from 30-80 against an integral is beating the piss out of the car?

awfully defensive arent we?

want the bottom line 05orangeSS?

i’ve seen nudes of your sister

Well mayb not beating the piss outta it, but you catch my drift.

Either way, z06 will be cooler. Do it.

cobalts are gay and stupid… :lolham: and slow.
MOre like grandma cars.

hahahaaa

supposedly gm is thinking about the 260hp turbo motor for the cobalt SS in the future.
Also, the only reason these cars get such shit is because they are probably the equivilent of a Civic Si, but the drivers of thr SS think they are in a damn ferrari and drive like fags.

I think it would be a nice cheap daily though. (well, not cheap by my standards) But there are many other options.

Used 350Z, MX5-Miata, VW GTI, CIVIC Si, mazdaspeed3, WRX …all for the same price of the SS, so why get the SS?

chris takes good care of his car its tuned and has a clutch. not beating on it he gets like 40 mpg.07=no sc right

Pics or BAN.

I think they’re one of the few things GM has done right in recent years. Good mix of performance and quality at a sub $20k starting price. I’d drive one.

why buy a cobalt SS? they are depreciation monsters right now.

can you get SRT-4’s for like under $10k or around that anyways now?

turbo > SC

or… get something cheaper, less of a wannabe spo-com-mobile and just make the civic faster.