Cobalt ss??

Well I’m in the market for a newer car and a 06-07 Cobalt SS is in my price range. So my question to you guys that own or have experince with the cobalt SS is, are they reliable? and do they have any know problems? The reason I ask is I’m a college student and I put about 450 miles a week on my truck (which is an unreliable blazer). So I need something that isn’t going to break down or give me problems all the time. The reason I came across the SS cobalt is I have liked them since they came out, I like the way they look and their good on gas. This will be my first car that I will be making payments on so I dont want it to be a mistake, I would appreciate any advice.

I’ve heard good things about these cars. Leave it stock and enjoy it and I’m sure it’d be a good DD.

i hear high school girls love them!

I’m hoping, the only time I’ve heard of them having problems is when people mod them and dont tune them.

Aren’t they direct injection or is that only for the newest model? If you’re making payments on it and you’re that young just enjoy the car and be smart with it.

stay out of boost if you want good gas mileage lol

I don’t know when they started being turbo but the supercharged ones are like 80 bucks for an oil change or something.

You need to spray the fuck out of it right after you buy it

turbo wayyyyyyy > super charged one

if you can…

In stock form I have heard they are a solid dd.

they are a solid DD if you keep it stock. When you add mods is when they start giving you problems.

thanks guys, yea I hear you need to remove the S/C to get to the oil filter??

I thought I heard someone talking about these and oil changes, its basically just a bigger than usual socket to get a cap off that covers the oil filter, its under the engine cover or something. 80 buck sounds steep to me?

thats for the 2.2 (base eco motor) theSS’s have the 2.0 the S/C is rite over it . I was woundering if they had a tool for these ones.

Break*

just go to cobaltss.net and read their forums.

you could…but you don’t have to.

I just remove my throttle body, one piece of intake and some wiring. Pretty simple. And there is a socket to get the oil filter cover off. It’s like 32 or 33mm

With a proper tune there should be no problems with a modded SS.

ok thanks guys, how are these cars in the snow? I plan on running 15 or 16 inch steels with snows I figure it should be to bad.

if you have snow tires its like any other front wheel drive car.

very reliable car, i have about 4 friends with them, no problems yet…like said before , once you start to mod your going to have problems