Cobalt SS SC.....

Well I’ve always liked what they look like, and I haven’t really heard that many bad things about them. But today at work(Sullivan Chevy) I drove 1. It was black, with red interior, 25 Miles on it. Very nice Looking, but I was VERY disapointed in the perfoemance. I know its only 205hp but I thought it would have more power, or pull to it. I was in 2nd gear and floored it, and I didn’t evern really do anything. Don’t get me wrong, obviosly it is faster then tha regular cobalt, but I wasn’t not impressed at all. Just figured I’d share that with u guys, and get sum imput on them. Again I’m not bashing them at all, I do think the look sweet. But I was just not impressed with the way it performed.

Maybe I’m just used to the pull in my car…?

Ps the dude that bought it said he would “Blow the doors off” my Srt-4…lol

you don’t have to say you like the way they look - everyone knows they look like shit. :slight_smile:

I think they are total garbage and am bashing them undoubtedly.

i drove one before i bought my si, in a straight line its a little faster then my si but the sec. you hit any sort of turns or have to stop my si shines over that thing

the other thing i didnt like is my head hit the roof and im only 5’11"

I drove Smokeyassturd’s C-balt and thought it was decent…handles nice and accelerates decent…they are good for a about a 14.1 or so second slip from what I hear. For $500 you can stage 2 them and dip into the 13’s so I think for the $$ they are a decent little ride.

i love mine. and im not one of those ppl who thinks its fast cause i’ve never driven something faster than a 13 sec car. its not the fastest car in the world, by any means but i dont see how you think it has nothing. mine feels like it revs very fast and smooth when you jump on it. if your SRT4 is stock, then it isnt that much faster, so i dunno. they are a solid overall car. in every shootout i saw it beat out the SRT4 (but was a tad slower) and it was as good or better performing that the SI but wasnt as quality. what do you want for low 20k car. and for the record, i also think they look awesome.

They do a 1/4 mile in 14.4 but I found that hard to belive.

I raced 1 and stock to stock beat it by 2 car lengths could of even been more. All I know is he was a good distance behinde me lol

Like I said, I’m not bashin them at all, I luv what they look like, Idk y I wasn’t that impressed, it was quick, but I’m used to tha pull in mostly every gear in tha srt4.

Plu imma turbo guy over supercharger any day :slight_smile:

But I do like the lip it it comes with and spoiler, also the 18" wheels

a quick quote from motor trend.

The SRT4’s slim victory at the dragstrip was offset by the Cobalt’s similarly slender margins in our handling tests: 0.1 second quicker around the figure-eight at an identical 0.69 g average (max lateral acceleration was also tied at 0.88 g), 0.2 second per lap on the Streets of Willow (see sidebar), 1.3 mph in the slalom, and five feet in braking from 60 mph.

In the real world, however, the Chevy takes a narrow but decisive lead, even when considered against quicker SRT4s. Its robust body structure, superior tires, more balanced chassis, and sleeker looks make it a far more satisfying car to own and operate in the real three-dimensional world

both ran 14.4s but the srt 4 trapped 100.8 while the cobalt was 99.3mph

I have seen a lot of stock times of 14.1-14.2 @ 97-99 MPH…to me that isnt anything special but it is decent for what it is…then like I said stage 2 will break you into the 13’s.

But the turbo SS is coming out and I am pretty sure they will be 13’s stock with about 260 hp…so I think chevy is doing a decent job for the market

My buddys is bone stock, and he ran up PRP and he ran a 13.9 @ 101mph

He must be a hell of a driver…

now there is supposedy no SS at all for 08…atleast from what the forums say

whys that?

faster than my car

205 is definitely underrated. the frequently put down 220whp stock

I love mine although the pcm is hard to tune. I have the 2.4 ss with a turbo and it pulls pretty hard. for the price of the car i think it does a great job.

thats weird. the reason i didn’t buy a new si, is because i hit my head on it. i really wanted one, but couldn’t fit, im only 6’1.

it will probably come with an open diff though thus rendering the power pointless. Nothing upsets me more than stock cars with stupid nice power coming with open diffs…

well i heard that the cobaltss does not take to power mods that well and if u were to S/C or turbo its gonna cost u a pretty penny

do you mean the 2.4? cause the 2.0 already is s/c and it wakes up pretty good with the stage 2 or 3 kits. you get can get them in the high 200hp range. it doesnt respond to mods as well as a SRT4, but it still can be made decently fast.