Cobalt SS go's down Hard.

Running down a un-named patch of pavement going south, a red Cobalt SS with a fart pipe and stripe’s down the center passes me. He slows down at a light and looks over at me. He looks at my car and asks “what is that?”. I reply with a Hyundai Tiburon, and he proceeds to laugh. He asks if I want to run him, and I agree to. As the light turns green. I’m spinning tire, boost kicks in, shift into 2nd, still spinning tire, we ran until 95ish, and I stopped. He only stayed with my through 2nd, and by the time 3rd gear came around, I pulled a good 4-5 car’s on him. I slowed down again to legal speeds, and he did a ricer flyby and got off the highway. I was happy with the run considering I was running a bit rich (10.4 WOT) at 12psi.

nice kill

way to turn laughter into tears

Hahah nice… Are the stripes almost like tears in the side of the car? It sounds real familiar.

He was driving a Cobalt and he laughed at you :rant:

Glad to see you put him in his place. :slight_smile:

nice kill

Nice kill, I love your crazy Hyundai projects…definite sleepers.

That’s a damn quick Tibby.

Can’t blame the kid for laughing though. Honestly, when you think Hyundai, you don’t think of the word “fast”.

Nice kill, wanna run 'em sometime?

Would love to run the little hatchback that could! Keep the 12psi or stick with that 18psi tune though?

13.45@102, you decide?

12psi map for fun. Should be interesting.

:cool:

I figure that if you’re pulling 4-5 cars on a stock (supercharged?) Cobalt SS we should be a decent match up (205@crank, 3050 with driver). If he was modded, I’m in trouble and will need a much larger n2o jet :smiley:

I will get some decent street tires and we’ll set this up…the 13" pie cutters on there are shitty.

13" pie cutters more reliable then bald heavy ass 17" tires.

good I love people that get what they have coming to them. cocky ass cobalt bastards

what motors are in those older tibbys

sounds like youve been smoked by one before?

congrats nice kill

Good Kill…I have a buddy who is one of those cocky cobalt guys…I think he is skerred of the gtp tho