2JZ into a Lexus GS300

Hi how are you doing my names Matt I’ve been a member of my speed for a while but my job takes me all over the country so every now and then I’ll log on and see what’s going on.

I’m looking to put a 2jz motor in my Lexus GS300.

I’ve built every kind of Honda and every kind of Acura. My next build was actually was going to be an Eclipse GSX. just tired of short shifting and spinning three quarters of the way down the track with front wheel drive cars.

Plus I’m older now and looking for a more luxurious ( I’m so tired of the cops around here everytime they see in import they pull it over). But one that I can still play with and make it a TWIN TURBO BEAST. At least that’s what my plans are.

THIS IS ALL BRAND NEW TERRITORY SO ANY INFORMATION WILL HELP.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a reputable dealer they’ve dealt with to get a 2JZ motor or if there’s one locally for sale.

Like I said I just started researching about 3 days ago so I’m as fresh as fresh can be to these type of motors and swaps.

If. Any of you guys know of ANY good information or know of any good websites about this swap or reputable 2JZ motor dealers ( I’ll never buy one off eBay)!!!

also any good recommendations of companies to get parts from. I plan on building the engine while it’s out so any good sites that make high-quality high-performance 2jz parts that any of you might of had good experiences with or even parts that you might have yourself FOR SALE around here!!!

Thank you any responses I get. I’m sure any information that I receive will be helpful.

supraforums.com

I always liked the original GS. And it’s definitely a swap that’s been done so I’m sure there is a lot of info out there.
@2TurboZ might have some input.

MYSpeed.com

From a cost standpoint its probably cheaper to buy a ES300 that came with a 2JZ?

Buy a pull out from an Aristo

Its probably the most economical way to do it and should be fairly plug and play. Do headstuds and gasket if you plan to make big power. Stock bottom end is wonderful and the head will flow very will but depending on your goals, you may want to have that worked.

You will not make it a twin turbo beast, but likely a big single beast. The limitation will be the automatic trans. You will likely have to get that built or buy an upgraded unit.

There are plenty of examples of successful GS300 Builds. Google will be your friend.

That’s. What I was going to do get a 2jz from an aristo. The es300 is a posability but I like the GS300. I LIKE how the sedans look. Yea I want to build to the max but have it as my DD everyday in atlanta. I’m going to do the swap and build here. And drive it as little in the snow as possible. I have a weekend warrior in Georgia right now I have a 98 M3 that has just under 42k on it. But when I got the first portion of my lawsuit I spent about $20,000 In to it. I was working for a place called Sunbelt performance down there and my boss specialized in BMWs so we pulled the stock motor out and bored and stroked it and threw supercharger on it. The only thing I regret is that I would have went turbo. I’m not making that mistake again LOL!!! Thank you for the information so far keep it coming the more the better also what do they usually run ferment for engine management system I’m thinking going with a AEM’S EMS system. If someone has a better suggestion I’ll definitely take it cuz I’m buying parts now so let me know if anybody in Buffalo has any parts that I’ll need I have a thread up in the Parts section for what I need

Your GS300 already comes with a 2JZ that will hold boost on stock internals up to around 500 whp.

Its not that hard of a project. Just make sure you buy one old enough to not run into OBD problems. The trickiest part will be the manual swap and the cutting and such you would have to do if you were serious about a 2jz-gte and a v160 6 speed tranny. The tranny fitting takes some cutting and massaging and even then the shifter is a little far back.

Best bet is to get a healthy car which of course will be auto and swap a na supra w58 from a 93+ supra and then a decent turbo kit for the na 2jz, which handles boost well anyway. You will have some wiring and stuff to do for the neutral safety switch but it wouldn’t be that bad.

I thought some of these came with a 1uz. If it has the na 2j, def. Turbo the na. Do head studs and gaskets but it will make great power and be ultra reliable.

GS430 got the 1uz and those would be the gen 2 body which would be sketchy in NY doing any work to anyway with OBD2 stuff. You’d never be able to get rid of the CELs thrown by the missing auto tranny sensors

If this is post 95, passing emissions is a tough one. Aristos don’t have obd2. If you plan going manual gs’s weren’t offered in manual… So some fabbing will be in order. If its a newer Gs, you’ll be throwing codes.