5 Lug Conversion HELP!

Hey guys… I tried the search button but that thing doesnt work!!

Anyways I would like to do a 5 Lug Conversion… only thing is I dont know the first thing about it! What do I need, Where can I get it, and How is it done… is what I need from you guys!

Also whats better basic stub hubs or extended stud hubs? and why?

I’d appreciate any help i can get, and sorry if this is repost or whatever, but maybe if the search button was more user friendly, ahh whatever… Please HELP!

Ohh and another thing… I dont want to post a new thread so ill ask here…
I remember reading about someone here that specialized in Megan Racing gear … ie.Coilovers… who is it??

varun (slipperysilvia) is your Megan contact.

As for 5 lug you can use rear hubs from a S14 / Z32 / R32 on an S13… you have to or should drop the axles and then there are 4 19mm bolts on the back of the rear spindle that hold the hub and bearing in place.

of course your brakes have to come off.

the front is a one bolt affair, 27mm or 32mm i cant remember but a big one like that.

you cannot use OEM unless you get from an S14 and take the whole lower control arm, spindle etc.

You can get aftermarket 5 lug hubs that are direct bolt on for under $400 brand new.

i would recommend getting brand new stuff anyways. i myself bought a set of used R32 rear hubs and they only lasted a year, less than that actually.

i have new front hubs in stock right now, 2 sets left for $265 shipped per pair…

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33324

ok good stuff thanks…
i found these on ebay… http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130197799169&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003
would i be an idiot to buy them… i imagine they’re knock-offs but then again; does this stuff even come in brand name???

Also what about the studs regular vs. extended??

thanks though for the info! definately helpfull!!

I just finished my front yesterday, I redrilled my front hubs at work on a cnc mill this is a cost effective alternative to aftermarket parts, a local machine shop could do this between 1 and 2 hours @ $50 to $75 per hour plus 2 more studs and lug nuts from C.T (canadian tire) for like $2 each for OE replacement parts, The rear hubs do not have enough material to be safely redrilled as they are shaped like a four leaf clover and the fronts are round.
I dont advise trying to do this on a drill press on your own because you will never get the bolt circle true to the hub centre , this will cause terrible vibration or your wheels will not fit.
I was able to change my fronts in less than an hour, you will need a 30mm deep socket, a standard socket may work but if the nut is seized you will round off the top of the nut.

As far as studs the length depends on the rim and/or wheel spacer you intend to use, bolt on wheel spacers require stock length as well as straight thru spacers up to like 10mm, thicker thru type spacers will require longer studs, be aware that some long studs have different diameter of knurl at the base of the stud were it presses in to the hub.

I got my 5-lug hubs from enjuku racing. very easy to install and came with new bearings. As for studs, twistedsteel has it right, imo

I used parts from a 96 NON-Turbo 300ZX.

For the fronts, I replaced the entire upright, hub, and balljoint but needed to drill out the struts mounting holes. I needed to purchase bolts for the upright from a 1997 240sx (all were 5Lug) from the dealer (mine came without, ymmv)

For the rears, I moved the 300ZX hardware over to the 240SX upright.
Removing the 4 very large bolts holding on the hub, and then changed over the backing plate to the Z unit so I would have brake hardware. I used stainless lines to finish the conversion.

EVERYTHING you really need to know, can be found @ http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm

PS. Paint your calipers at least a few days before you put them on.

As far as your question about extended lug studs, they generally won’t hurt, but you’ll most likely need them if you’re running wheel spacers for any reason. If not, I’ve gotten by just fine without them. (I’m using Skyline GTS-t wheels)

^^ fail

How’s that?

nvm… someone wrote a stupid msg about “a mom” after yours… I guess admin deleted it.

k