5x112 winter wheels and tires (Audi A4 Sports)

17" 5x112 Audi A4 Sport wheels, et35, in perfect shape, bright silver in color. tires are 235/45/17 Nokian Hakka RSis, with about 3/4 tread left. the whole set is balanced, no bends, cracks, etc. didn’t have my tri-pod with me, so sorry for blurry pics.

looking for $650, I will ship if needed. can also be reached at PorscheRacing91 at Yahoo (PP is same).

I could use them next January

center caps?

they have 2 center caps included (same amount came with wheels/car when I bought it). I ran them without the caps since the hub is spaced further from the wheel and not as exposed. a set of 4 caps can be bought on eBay for less than $15.

Any one else been scammed by this guy?

It’s the old bait and switch scam. He sent me pictures of wheels and tires showing no marks on the wheels and excellent tread remaining on the tires.

Here’s an example of what I got.

See if can see much resemblance to the posted pictures. All tires have virtually no tread on the inside edges. All wheels are marked-up. On one sidewall there is a 2" slash in the tire.

When I wrote to porscheracing91, here’s his reply:

"I can refund you some money, if that is ok. The tires have been used for one season and did show signs of inside camber wear, and had a slit in the tread. Those are not “bad” tire defects, they’re normal. Do not feel unsafe about mounting them, they will be fine. And they will last at least another season.

I’m in CT racing for the weekend, but can give you some money back this week. How’s $120 sound? The wheel caps are still on there way, from China."

Here’s what he said about the wheels:

"Sorry for taking so long, at the races over the weekend, my girlfriend dropped my phone, so I just got a new one today. Other than that, it went well!

The caps have a delivery date of May 4. I wanted to find out what happened to the wheels, and as it turns out, they were scuffed by a downpipe resting on top of them. I had the wheels stored at my mother’s house as there’s not room in my apartment. She rents the upstairs duplex out to a 20 year old kid who doesn’t think - ever. He admitted it when I said something about me giving a partial refund. He’s paying me the money and says he’ll be paid tomorrow. I’ll be going to grab the money and then send it on its way to PP. Can you send your address you’d like the caps shipped to again?

Here’s what he said about the paypal payment:

“Money is on its way to PP, there’s not too much I can do to speed it up to get in there any quicker. I put it through from my bank account last night, so it’ll be cleared and in by Monday. I’ll send it as soon as PP says its in there.”

The last comment was sent on May 1st. Since then he has disappeared.

Sorry to go on and on but this type of “Seller” gives everyone a bad name.

Those tires are shot. That’s exactly how they came?

Yes. Exactly how they came.

Hope someone knows this Ryan Hallock and tells him to settle his debt.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH. this is going to be gooooooood. check the EXIF data of the pics I sent you. trying taking the pictures at the same angles I did, without the flash on, and with it actually in view. the reason they look “shot” is because there’s no angle. he’s a conman himself trying to lowball enthusiasts. don’t give me your crap and then expect to be OK with shelling out money to you.

PP already resolved this. you a little sour? I called them 3 days ago and explained to them the situation, they said they’d squash it if he tried to open a claim.

you emailed me Saturday crying about the money. are you that stupid? do you know how long it takes to transfer money to a PP account? I’m not answering you back because you’re a douche to deal with, and I notified PP days ago about what happened. I put as much as I could at the time to accommodate your lowball ass.

those wheels were in perfect shape. I told you the story, whether or not it’s true from him? no one will ever know. however, he did give me the money. I TOLD YOU THAT WHEN IT CLEARED TO PP THAT I’D SEND IT TO YOU! I put it in Friday night to my bank account. which means, it didn’t start getting processed until Monday. it’s in my account right now, I’m just not sending you money. got the wheel caps, maybe I’ll send those.

lets go ahead and speak about the bullshit coming from your end. I put up the listing for $650 not shipped. you email me for 2 weeks asking me for pictures of specific things. I drive back and forth from Amherst to West Seneca (25 minutes) to do so. as I recall it, 6 times. you then say “what’s the lowest price you could possibly go?” so, $130 in shipping to the address you’ve given me in North Dakota. plus the $650 of my asking, so, I should be wanting around $800. I tell you “$625 shipped.” you counter with $500. to make money, and be accommodating, I say $550. now, I still have to pay the money for shipping, and then order you wheel caps for $15 a piece, from China! so, with shipping that’s around $50 coming out of my pocket for those, and now, for the icing on the cake, I learn that you really live in the Western part of Canada, so I’ll get to pay extra for shipping these out all the way over there! I didn’t even know you lived in Canada?!?!?!?!? did I ship to an address that wasn’t PP certified?!!?!?!?!??! guess who knows about this now, too?

here’s the problem. I have the money that I was going to refund you, but I’m not sure I will now. you got a good deal after lowballing, you also then cried like a little girl when you saw they didn’t have centercaps. for fucks sake, I drove around the entire Northeast during the winter months with no centercaps. man up and understand you were getting a great deal, and get them yourself. I feel terrible about the wheels being damaged, and wish I really knew the story on what happened to them, but it was not me. don’t call me out and say that I did it, don’t you fucking dare. if this is really what the argument is about, well, I just ended it. if you’d like, I can have him hop on here and tell “his side of the story.” I say that in quotes because the story seems a bit on the odd side, I think he did something else to them, but who will really ever know.

so in the end, I have your $ in the PP account, and the wheel caps, but because of certain events, will not be sending them. I helped you out, a lot, and you continued to barrage me with emails crying about more shit when I’ve already told you answers. I also don’t appreciate being told you live in one country, when you really live in another. that was a nice surprise when the guy from PP said “so, this guy lives in Canada it says.” also a nice surprise knowing how much $ I’d have to spend to send the wheel caps I already went out of my way for.

check the EXIF data for those pics. also, when taking pics, take the flash off, and fire at an angle. the wear is camber wear, and not on half the tire like the picture looks. if that is, he’s done that himself. I drove these around all winter with no problems.

edit: PP has been notified of this, and a flag has been added to your file for stalking. I’m also going to be giving this to a friend’s aunt who is a detective here in Amherst.

Me thinks thou do protest too much:

Firstly, you shipped the wheels to a US address and you were happy to get rid of them because they were rubbish. Secondly, the postage vis USPS to Canada for 4 centre caps would only be few cents more than in the US ( take the extra postage out of the funds you are going to send me ). You are nothing but a lying cheating scumbag and bring it on with your Detective friends. Maybe someone independent should look at the tires and wheels and see who is lying?

email from the scam-artist on Apr 23rd:

I can refund you some money, if that is ok. The tires have been used for one season and did show signs of inside camber wear, and had a slit in the tread. Those are not “bad” tire defects, they’re normal. Do not feel unsafe about mounting them, they will be fine. And they will last at least another season.

I’m in CT racing for the weekend, but can give you some money back this week. How’s $120 sound? The wheel caps are still on there way, from China. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

FYI: I showed these to a tire shop and was told not to put them on any car. They are at the point of being dangerous.

Email from the scam-artist on April 29th:

Sorry for taking so long, at the races over the weekend, my girlfriend dropped my phone, so I just got a new one today. Other than that, it went well!

The caps have a delivery date of May 4. I wanted to find out what happened to the wheels, and as it turns out, they were scuffed by a downpipe resting on top of them. I had the wheels stored at my mother’s house as there’s not room in my apartment. She rents the upstairs duplex out to a 20 year old kid who doesn’t think - ever. He admitted it when I said something about me giving a partial refund. He’s paying me the money and says he’ll be paid tomorrow. I’ll be going to grab the money and then send it on its way to PP. Can you send your address you’d like the caps shipped to again?

email from the scam-artist on May 1st:

Money is on its way to PP, there’s not too much I can do to speed it up to get in there any quicker. I put it through from my bank account last night, so it’ll be cleared and in by Monday. I’ll send it as soon as PP says its in there

Nothing but stalling tactics hoping that I would go-away.

And for your info, Paypal closed the claim because you did actually ship the wheels and not because they were not as stated. I will subsequently open another Paypal claim because this time you have chosen not to send the caps and therefore collected money fraudulently

Also: Show me on your pics where the tires show the edge wear? Your posts state that there’s 80% tread remaining. That must just be on the sidewalls.

As per above: “I TOLD YOU THAT WHEN IT CLEARED TO PP THAT I’D SEND IT TO YOU! I put it in Friday night to my bank account. which means, it didn’t start getting processed until Monday.” The money was not there by Friday?

When I use Paypal, firstly it’s an honest transaction and secondly, it only takes a day or two. It even magically happens over weekends!

Another quote from above: "here’s the problem. I have the money that I was going to refund you, but I’m not sure I will now: " If you believe that, I have some water front land for sale in the everglades.

And another: “I feel terrible about the wheels being damaged, and wish I really knew the story on what happened to them, but it was not me. don’t call me out and say that I did it, don’t you fucking dare. if this is really what the argument is about, well, I just ended it. if you’d like, I can have him hop on here and tell “his side of the story.” I say that in quotes because the story seems a bit on the odd side, I think he did something else to them, but who will really ever know.”

Read the above email from this honest seller where he states the damage was done by a 20 year old kid that rents at his mother’ house!!!

there are people who live on my street who are on this site (NYSpeed). I can have them verify that a 20-year-old and his 26-year-old brother along with a 1-year-old German shepherd live above my mother. I can also have a local tuner verify that this said person was in to have his cat pipe installed, and kept the stock one; the same week these wheels and tires were sent out. my mother also recalls the cat pipe being on top of my “tires” in the garage. is this what caused it? again, I DON’T KNOW.

It’s funny, you were the one that offered the explanation and now you don’t know?

Also, checking back, I never asked you for any refund, I only stated that the wheels were in poor shape and the tires were rubbish.

You immediately offered a “token” refund which I accepted to close the case and go on with life. At this point in time, the wheel caps were still on their way. You also state that you didn’t know that the caps were being sent to Canada. (all that extra costs). In one of my emails I stated that I would be travelling down from Canada to pick-up the wheels. Also, if you had bothered to check your Paypal account, it shows that my address is in Canada.

If it had been me selling these, my first step would have been to advise the seller of the “revised” condition and do you still want to buy them. If it was after the shipment, I would have given the buyer the option of returning the set for a full refund.

That’s when all the excuses started:

The only excuse you didn’t use was “The dog chewed the tires!!”

lol well that settles it.

you sound like a delight.

so glad I didnt buy these

alright, Victim. check your mail in the next week.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

if they were in such bad shape, then of course you wouldn’t have bought them. you’d probably be pissed about driving all the way over here to find just “rubbish.”

you’re all too brain-washed in to thinking that everyone is trying to fuck everyone else over all the time. my iTraders on IWSTI, NASIOC, eBay - 100% feedback. all the people on 6speedonline got their items. I didn’t need money bad enough to screw anyone over as you think I did.

yikes. a bit of hostility in hurrr

Wow!

You packed them up and you didn’t take notice of what shape they were in? Read your opening statement:

“17” 5x112 Audi A4 Sport wheels, et35, in perfect shape, bright silver in color. tires are 235/45/17 Nokian Hakka RSis, with about 3/4 tread left. the whole set is balanced, no bends, cracks, etc. didn’t have my tri-pod with me, so sorry for blurry pics."

The pics were so blurry, they missed all the wheel marks and the rounded edges and the slash on the tires! If these were in perfect shape I would hesitate to ask what slightly used or minimum rash would mean in your books!

LOL. the wheels were already packed up in the styrofoam/plastic wrap while they were in the garage, hence me saying “it had to pierce through a layer of styrofoam.” if you were a resident of WNY, you’d have known our winter basically ended mid-February/early March, the same time these wheels were removed from the car, same time the EXIF data states.

The original ad is very decieving… I’d be royally pissed if I bought those based on how you described them originally.

this is -2* of camber, extra light reduced. this is on 2 tires, the ones I ran in the front. what is that, a half inch of wear from the camber? are those the wear bars still present? and they’re “dangerous” to drive on. I’m through posting in here as well. minds have been made up by everyone viewing it.

Thanks for your input. Its one thing to post a deceiving ad and it’s another thing entirely to not make good on promises that you will correct the deceit.

And, what does -2* of camber have to do with a misleading picture and description. If the picture in HallockR’s post of today had been in the for sale ad, nobody in their right mind would buy them.

I also want to thank everyone for the many PM’s and support that I have recieved concerning this.