600+whp club (check in)

does it matter, neither of them make 600+ so no more talk about them, the thread clearly states 600+whp club and no bullshit, last time i checked it wasnt a thread about who was faster between muscle50 or beck

im in the 640 horse club im in the 9 second club also

If you don’t fit the criteria, don’t post. If this and any of these other “club” threads turn into bench racing parties they will get deleted.

I will see if I can’t find a way to add dynochart uploads to the database similar to how the timeslip database operates. Then you can easily see who is in what club. In the meantime, you can post a link to your 600+ dynochart in this thread, and/or in your sig (won’t count to 3 line sig minimum).

I would like to low 10s slip, since im not really a full drag setup. I cant put any power down until 80 mph with 700 wheel. I want to get some MTs and some cookie cutters for next year to see what I can put down at the track but I dont want a cage in the car… Kinda sucks, maybe ill just have to go when someone rents NYIRP.

poopra, u’d prolly be fine at nyirp for at least a couple runs. depends on the night.

rskrause…thats pretty shweet. id defenitely like to get a race in with you next year if your willing…

Mine’s retired from the track. I got VERY tired of the TH400 and went back to a T56.

dont worry bout it i got my tired t56 in mine… its allll good. at least take it out next year and we can “bump into each other” going down a road

If that happens, I doubt I will be able to restrain myself!!!

Lets change this to 650whp+ and has traction club. lol. jk :slight_smile:

congrats you ballers.

Well, even though ego boosts are nice, reality is that the 600rwhp club is small because most people with enough money to do it have more sense than that. This is a club that most people would be happier not joining. Almost everyone who gets serious enough to “join” goes too far. The car typically ends up useless as a street car but also not a good race car. It happened to me - the TH400 really ruined it for street use and I would have had to totally gut it, screw up the suspension, etc. to make it real contender at the track.

Even though I “knew” this already I had to learn all over again that you need a CLEAR goal before you start modding a car. Once the goal is established, a budget set, etc. then stick to it. Prevents costly, time consuming side trips down the wrong road, at the least. Costly lesson, for sure. Sucks I had to learn it a second time. Luckily, I stopped just short of “ruining” the Camaro. I was on the verge of a full cage (needed for nines) and some friends talked me out of it. Thank the Lord for good buddies!

i agree and disagree.

my 700+ and capable of 850+ whp car behaves like my stock 330hp car. i drives, idles, and sounds like a stock car. until you put my foot down you woudnt know anything was done to the car. when im not on it i can still get VERY good gas milage.

i dont need full suspension and big sticky tires to run 10s. (itll run mid 10s with street tires and my weak mounted tq arm) 99.99% of anything on the street will get beat. once i put my front sway bar back in the car will take the turns great again. i could have my a/c, but i opt not to.

the downside is:
-car is capable of better ET’s, it all depends on what im willing to do suspension/safety wise, which, the further i go comprimises the streetability of the car
-car has (less) traction on the street, especially in colder weather. but hey, thats illegal anyways and i dont do that:P . besides, doesnt mean im gona lose that race
-more maintenence required x839022. more upkeep, more parts. you gota buy more expensive tires more frequently… shit like that.

the main reason im happy is because i have a 100% streetable street car that can kick some ass. whether i have complete traction or not, its still fun to mash that peddle. its not like its my DD, its my toy

Excellent points Rich :tup:

I think a lot of people start out with a specific goal in mind, and then they hit it, and they keep going :smiley: Or maybe the competition is just that one or two cars ahead, so they step it up because of their competitive nature. Problem is, once you get even over 500rwhp IMO, those “one more step up” upgrades start getting costly. And they begin to take away from the drivability of the car. And maybe the fun of the car on the street.

Ive gotta say my car isnt the fastest thing out there, but I had my plan all along, did what I wanted, and I was pretty satisfied with it. Even with the power that it has, if driven well it hooks up great in every gear and is an absolute blast to drive. Yeah theres always that desire to go faster, but for once in my life my common sense prevailed and I realized there are much more important things to worry about then having a fast car. :smiley:

Anyways thats just my 2 cents, damnit now you bastards are makng me wanna fix my nos tune so i can go get dynoed and join the club. :hay:

i agree and disagree

i see how alot of you muscle guys with supercharges can have a hard time being more streetable, but i see the turbo guys easier, my car will drive nice just buy lowering my boost but will drive like an animal on highboost, i mean its different in all once u have a pull on ur kinda commited untill u take it off with the SC. i made this club not making anyone join just if your proud of what you accomplished. like bill said hes happy with his car as am i, because it is still streetable on lower boost levels and also very rare to come across a honda around here that makes what i make.

the 600+whp club:
layzie
turbol ls1 ss
rskrause
BIGHANDS
POOPRA

once again all is welcome just come in and support what u make

Seriously, my high 10’s 600rwhp combo was a lot more fun than my 10.02, mid-9’s capable combo. Good for you for keeping a clear head about what you want/need/can afford. Yeah, it’s nice to have the biggest but you need somewhere to put it ;). And the thing is, there is always someone willing to spend more, or compromise their setup more, or whatever and beat you anyway.

I am not trying to change anyone’s mind or put anyone (myself included) down. Just hoping others may get some useful info. Like I siad, I was a bit pissed at myself having been down this road before. When I was a kid, I wanted a dual purpose road race/street sports car. Took a perfectly good MGB and made it a pain on the street and still not a winner at the track. The lesson is that you can go to far modding a car. Luckily, it can be fun along the way even if you don’t end up where you planned.

i need to turbo the beretta. t88 turbo? lol

This is a 35r on an awd dsm got to love that torque…
http://shearerfabrications.com/dev/gallery/albums/bean/news_clip_image002.jpg

Didn’t really want to highjack the thread at all but I wanted to post another 4cyl chart…plus I can’t wait to join this club. Thumbs up to all you guys on building your cars the way you want them and the way alot of people dream of.

Damn…nice #s guys.

gary why would you post that, your an asshole…just kidding

i own 3 vehicles if you add them all up I make 600 reliably :gotme:

i have a 240sx with 150 hp…can i join? haha just kidding…i think its amazing how yu guys can get such gret numbers , its excellent and i cant even imagine what that must feel like…jesus…congrats guys and hopefully i can see one of these beasts one day