'69 Camaro Rally Sport SS (RS/SS)

My dad has built many many cars including 2 of my own. He is now taking on a very very unique and rare car. It is a 1969 Camaro Rally Sport SS. The car has 34,170 original miles on it, all matching numbers. One owner, who bought it new in North Carolina. It is absolutely MINT, NO rust whatsoever.

The plans are to do a full engine overhaul, cam it, headwork, block work, etc., New paint, wheels, interior. The work has already begun and i figured i’d share with you guys. The body has been sanded down, primered, interior stripped out. We pulled the motor yesterday, and the tear down begins.

Now for the pics…

The motor, notice the 454 in the backround(not for the Camaro) :mwahaha

nice. more domestic’s :banana

whats up with the yammy moto4 in the background??? ;D

Nice, my dads got a 69 Z-28. Had it since he was 15.

Love these cars, want to find one to pro tour

Is that your trans am? I think i know you thru elijah… quiznos? I had a black Iroc at the time. Nice RS.

wow, looks like a fun project. - You guys planning to keep it “classic” looking or you going another direction?

It’s a Yamaha 4Zinger :lol It was my little brother’s

Yeah planning to keep it looking classic, no custom looks here.

Yeah that’s my Trans Am, and yeah you’re Ike right?

Are you eating the booger you just picked in that pic next to the hoist?? :lol Nah but seriously, clean ass car, saw it at the garage. Will be a fun car when done…

Is this the Camaro that was in the magazine that got handed out at the lot on Saturday?

This looks like a sick project… what color is he going with? You look gay as usual as well.

After looking at the magazine again I found out its not the same car, just similar and also a one owner low mileage '69.

Wow, a numbers RSSS. Hard to find those now a days. I was building one for a customer of Petes for awhile. Same year, but far from matching numbers unfortunately. Ended up tubbed with Fabworks 4 link and MT DR’s, some huge CI big block in the 900hp range. Caged. Never saw it finished though.

That’ll be a very nice car when done. I’m not a super fan of old muscle, but I do like the RS SS’s and few other cars like the Cuda’s and Super Bee’s.

What color paint are you guys going with??? The lines of that body looks super good in a nice dark metallic paint IMO.

I found the whole thing funny.

“Numbers matching MINT condition” …doing a complete overhaul, ripping interior out, painting lol. I always wanted an old muscle car :frowning:

Whatever dude. He wanted to re-do it and make it look brand new.

Indeed they are very hard to find, esp. numbers. Not sure on what color he’s going with but he’s doing the whole 2-tone with the SS stripes.

Your dad knows his stuff…I tried to talk him into working on my car last year when I blew the motor, but too busy as usual. That car’s gonna be beautiful when it’s done.

J/W Who are you?

Yeah he’s quite busy with all the stuff he does, working at the TOC at the PD, working on cars as side jobs, building this Camaro, working on my cars, working on other various classic cars, work around the house. Barely got a chance to take a breather :lol

is this the single headlight camaro? if so, this and the ls1 camaros are the ones that look the best.

Tell him Dale said hello. He was telling me about your car and what was done to it. I was hoping to run you when I got the motor rebuilt in my Camaro, but ended up selling it as soon as it was fixed. I think it would’ve been close.

Joey sell it to me when you’re done… cause I can totally afford it. :rofl

will do

Whatever you say Nicole :lol

your dad seem’s like a smart man…