69 Camaro resto - It's ALIVE! - no 56k

Haha. Get one, all the cool kids are doing it :slight_smile:
TrueBlue is looking for a classic Mustang and Bhevy Chase is looking for a Camaro.

There is a lot more of the younger guys getting into the classics. They don’t have to be slow anymore. Customize the hell out of them, modernize the ride and handling, and big ass motors.

Plus the ladies love them :tup: Plus you can get a classic car in driver condition for cheap prices. They go up in price if they are restored or rare optioned cars. Look for a decent shape 6 cylinder or unrestored car and do the work as time and money allows.

I’ve had my 69 Camaro for 14 years now. It was off the road fo rthe last 7. Fun car, easy to work on, and replacement parts are cheap to restore it. The only downfall is some of the OER replacement parts fit for shit. I bought all new Z/28 emblems and ended up using my NOS set since the new ones didn’t fit and honestly were crappy built. My door handle had a 3/4" longer than needed piece. It had to be trimmed down to work. Sure it looks nice, but fit and finish sucks on some repro parts. But you learn to make them work :slight_smile:

Some more pictures added.
http://www.rodandpiston.com/pictures.asp?id=other_events/camarojoe&pic_count=673

Headliner is in. Front bumper is painted and installed.
Engine should be going in on Tuesday and possibly heading home to my garage this week. :slight_smile:

It has the enduro-like fiberglass bumper. I like the monochromatic look of it. It was like that when I bought the car.