69 Camaro resto - It's ALIVE! - no 56k

I see this after I sent your PM. Looks worse than it actually is, I’m sure.

Tails look nice. I remember seeing a yellow '69 vert that had just a hint of Niteshades in the tails and it really set them off, added a lot of depth to the red. “Ruby-ish” would be a good description.

Lookin’ cherry, my man :tup:

:tup: looks good.

saw the car today in person…its going to be AMAZING!! you just wanna jump in the paint and go swimming lol.
even with a little dust on it! cant wait to see it done.

Hey Joe if you need some help cleaning that thing out give me a call! I feel like I’m somewhat responsible. LOL

Haha. It’s not bad now. It was bad after we brought it in the tornado from your shop to the collision shop. I can vacuum out the rest.

One of these days you will have to swing by and check it out. Give me a call.

Are you making off the cars or having the owners do so? A tarp will go a long way in the interior. :slight_smile: Write it off to a learning experience.

Another thing the bodyman will have to do is DA the whole car since the powder makes the metal baby ass smooth. Which is nice, but a DA will give primer and filler more grip.

Other than that, :tup: to Blast Off :slight_smile:

Actually, all of the cars we have been doing are frame offs so they dont need any masking.
I just put a few more pictures of your car up in my photobucket.
check it out! http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q181/blastoffinc/69%20Camaro/

I’ll definately have to come check it out soon!

Cool to see those pics. I didn’t get to see all of them until now. I also checked out some of the other gigs you got. Looks like you guys are keeping busy :tup:

I have 2 pedal cars that I want to restore. I’ll be bringing them over to get sodablasted this spring. :slight_smile:

Sounds good! I actually have alot more pics of your car I’ll have to put them up for you.

:tup: I’ve really enjoyed following your project. If you dont mind me asking, how much did the soda blasting run you?

If you want to get something soda blaster, PM suzukiriderman (Jesse). He’s the man for the job.

Thanks, I’ll definitely be contacting him over the winter.

what wheels you putting on that car?

Billet Specialties GTX series. 17" in rear and 16" in front. Going to get a drop spring for the front then make some measurements and order the wheels.

http://www.billetspecialties.com/assets/500/0000000051-prod.jpg

nice

Joe, my honest oppinion on the wheels is they’re nice wheels, but I don’t think your gonna be happy with 16’s up front. I think you should go either 17’s all around or go with the 17 up front and 18’s out back.

I was actually talking about this with a friend last night. I might do 17" in front and 18" in back. All depending on how it sits with the new springs, I might go to all 17"s.

anything smaller then 17" wont have a pimp factor which is a must with a pimp 1st gen :pimp:

It’ll definitely look meaner either way you go

Same width wheels if you go all 17’s?

I like the 17" and 18" rears, that’ll give you the staggered look and compliment the stance nicely.

Fatties in the back (and deep) and thinner ones in front.
I don’t want any wheel wells to show above the tire and yet, don’t want to have to worry about hard turning in front with too fat of a tire.