700 HP R35 GTR vs VEYRON Street race.

I’m sure it’d pick up some good power with just a full exhaust alone!

I don’t think think the underground racing galllardo would ever pass the Veyron.

Note the two dyno plots directly from UR and Bugatti.

Veyron:

UR TT Gallardo:

http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/medium/KyleURTTG1026rwhpDyno.jpg

They Veyron has 100 ft/lb more across the board. Those ft/lbs arrive over 2500 RPM sooner, and the Veyron has more gears. The Veyron looks to be putting down about 973 hp at the wheels.

The Gallardo may make 1073 hp at the wheels, but this in only a mathematical artifact of it’s high Redline. The Veyron has much more area under the torque curve, and it gets that torque sooner.

The Veyron weighs a staggering 4162lb
The stock Gallardo 3459. we should add 100lb for turbos and intercoolers perhaps. Basically the Veyron weighs 600lb more than the Gallardo. Now that is a lot.

Power advantage: Veyron
Weight advantage: Gallardo

For reference the Veyron makes 922 ft/lb for 3300 rpm. an area of 3.04m units.

The UR Gallardo: about 790 ft/lb average from 4750-8000rpm. Thats 3250x790 or 2.56m units.

That’s about 18.56% more area under the curve for the Veyron.

But it weighs 20.32% more than the Gallardo. 16.94% if you add 100lbs of turbo kit the stock Gallardo.

As you can see this is a close race on paper. However I think the fast power delivery of the Veyron will allow it to eek out an early lead, and maintain it by the slimmest of margins. On the street this race would be all driver.

Underground has many ‘levels’ or ‘stages’ of Gallardos. The higher power ones would eventually pass the Veyron (or pull it from a roll), but I can’t think of any street car in the world off hand that would out launch, and stay ahead of the Veyron on the street.

my numbers ARE based on the stage 3 hightest ouput UR gallardo with a “highly modified” engine and 93 octane.

Stage 3 Turbo System with Highly Modified Engine
1050 WHP on pump gas (93 octane)
1500 WHP on race fuel (VP-C16 117 octane)

if you highly modified the Veyron to the extent of the mods I have already allowed to the Gallardo the Veyron would simply shit all over it.

According to UR a simple “modified” engine means:

<b>Underground Racing  Custom Billet Short Block</b>             
  • Full blue print and balanced race short block

• Carrillo billet steel connecting rods

• CP custom reverse dish aluminum race pistons

• CP spiral locks

• CP .180+ wall wrist pins

• CP oil rail support

• Custom steel cylinder sleeves

• Main bearings

• Rod bearings

• Total seal TNT file fit rings

<b>Fuel System</b>             

• Two custom billet fuel pump hangers with high flow fuel pumps

• Custom aluminum fuel rails

• All Aeroquip stainless steel fuel line and aluminum fittings

• Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator

• Upgraded fuel injectors

<b>Tuning</b>             

• AEM Engine Management System

• GReddy Electronic boost controller

• Custom wiring harness

• Professional dyno and streetability tuning

now that’s a completely built motor! It has Rods, pistons, SLEEVES, and a reinforced BLOCK.

I can only assume that a highly modified engine has a bump in displacement, some headwork, cams, and a billet crankshaft.

I’m pretty sure that the production Veyron engine has a LOT of extra headroom in the design as it is a production engine.

The Veyron is 8 liters it a tame 16 psi. Throw some bigger turbos on that and some beefy hardware and your talking major, major power increases.

The PRODUCTION veyron will still beat this stage 3 modified UR TT Gallardo. But it will be close.

Modify the Veyron and its totally over. :eek3

still is straight up nasty

For the price…

i’ll take the TT Gallardo and shit all over anything on the street. When the fuck do you see a Veyron? :rofl

Well ok then, I dont care about your numbers I guess, I’m still right, from a roll the Gallardo is gonna spank the Veyron, they have already ran the trap speeds at the track to prove it.

Ok your right. Roll racing it is.

How about a 5-100 roll?
or a 200-240 roll?

basically what your saying is that the totally worked Gallardo may be able to squeak out a few feet on a stock Veyron in a carefully staged roll race from 127.24 to 146.38mph.

Might be true. But who cares? Veyron kills it in the top end and from rest.

I have never heard of anyone modding a Veyron.

anyone have any videos/proof of such a thing??

Race a Veyron from a roll with this…and measure your ‘few feet’ in buslengths:rofl

Once again, for the third time now. my comparison is on pump gas. Your video is on race gas, which is making 50% more power than on pump gas. you would need 1200 hp at the wheels to trap 170, so therefore your car in the video cannot be running pump gas.

And in case you were wondering based on a 10.4@140 the Veyron would be 44 feet behind in this 1/4 mile race. which is less than a bus-length. :retardclap

everything u guys are talking about is pretty cool and all but

this…

TT Lambo> Veyron imo. I dont care for the looks of the Veyron, and a 170mph street car is IDEAL!!

wow you guys are taking this way beyond what i meant, which was merely i would like to see some of these owners that think they have the fastest car on the street because they spent more money get smoked by a guy that knows how potent any car can be with money spent on the right parts and engineering.

yes only a mere mathematical artifact…holding out torque to a higher redline wouldn’t allow them to gear the car down and multiply the torque more to match the lower revving, higher torque, of the veyron? also area under the curve doesnt mean shit in a drag race, those 2500rpms sooner will never be seen during a drag race. even when launching they will be over 4500rpm.

forgetting the 7 speed for a moment lets crunch some more numbers since you love to do so without regard to other variables. the gallardo redlines 23% higher than the veyron, which would allow them to gear the car down to multiply the torque more. now with 23 percent more torque put down we are puting down 984 ft lbs. if each redlined at the same speed in every gear for example both redlining first gear at 50mph, the gallardo at 8000rpm and the veyron at 6500, the gallardo would win every time.

oh my god. lets engineer a race.

look at the UGR Gallardo it did 250.1 MPH in the STANDING MILE. it takes a VEYRON MILES TO ACHIEVE ITS TOP SPEED OF 253MPH. (and thats starting at 120mph)

think about it. put down your calculators and stop looking at areas under the curve. numbers are out there. and a UGR or Heffner TTG would rape a Veyron IRL.

sure its fast, but come on. 1+million dollars. you will probably NEVER see one, seeing a TTG is more a possibility considering UGR is selling one for about 130k right now

I am well aware of the concept of gearing. Thank you.

I think we all agree, that a 1500hp Gallardo is faster than a 1000hp Veyron. It only needs:

Two precision billet wheel turbos, A/W intercooler, block work, sleeves, pistons, wrist pins, injectors, new fuel pumps and lines, C-16 fuel, balanced and blueprinted block, connecting rods, wrist pins, main bearings, rod bearings, fuel rails, fuel pressure regulators, as well as new custom ring and pinions front and rear, Motec engine management, Greddy electronic boost controllers, new wiring harness, and a custom tune, custom aluminum cylinder heads, driveshafts, tilton triple disc clutch, and reworked transmission with hardened steel gears.

That is a lot of work done on the Gallardo!

Now clearly this Gallardo on race gas is much faster than the Veyron on pump gas. It has 50% more power.

And hybrid911, the UR cars already have custom gears providing those torque numbers.

The Gallardo is faster on race gas, and i can buy a LOT of race gas for the 1.8 million dollar price gap. In the real world everyone would take the Gallardo obviously. I know I would. The maintenance costs on the Veyron are completely insane, it uses 40k dollar tires.

Here is a cool article about the UR Gallardo: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100104/CARREVIEWS/100109992

even though those numbers are at the wheels, the dyno takes into account the different gearing and recalculates the numbers. so when you change gearing the hp and torque on the dyno should be close.

now when you are actually measuring torque on a dyno, like a dynapack, then you can see the raw torque output which can be several times that which you see on a typical dyno chart. the raw numbers will change with gearing but again when it displays the typical dyno chart you see the gear ratio is calculated and factored into the equation.

I’m not sure what you are responding to here. What you said is correct but I’m just not sure why you said it.

Torque moves the car. Torque by definition is force x distance.

If you have 1 ft/lb coming out of the engine (at any speed) it goes into the transmission and the transmission exchanges rotational speed for increased torque. The same thing happens in the ring and pinion. Eventually you have axle torque.

The axle torque is then divided by the distance from the axle to the ground. If you pay attention to units here you will notice your torque is now a force. This force is what is known as the tractive effort, and is the force that directly propels the car.

From this point you can use classical dynamics and the mass of the car to determine acceleration, velocity, and displacement. All of these relationships are derived from F=ma.

Horsepower is only useful for gearing down to create more torque. You can have the high hp/low torque of a honda, or the high torque low HP of a diesel and both can be very fast. That’s why the only thing that matters is mass, axle torque, and the distance form the axle to the ground. You can wrap up the axle torque, and distance to the ground with the simple term of tractive effort.

i will smoke both cars

/thread

HP wins races, TQ sells trucks.