$75 to UB student who can...

Still get Microsoft Office. In case you weren’t aware, you can get Microsoft Office for free. Either PC or Mac. Since I’m buying a Macbook I would like Office 2004 Pro.

I could get this for $75, but I figure since not everybody will use this fantastic offer maybe one of you will want to make some money.

You have to be a current student and have not used the offer this year, I believe. :slight_smile: Let me know. I’m going to be ordering my computer this week and if there are no biters I’ll just order the software with it. :slight_smile:

ill do it. ill be on campus tomorow and pick it up. can u come out this way to pick it up, i live right near ub

Office 2000 for joo…

I’m jealous for you are getting a macbook.

if nobody comes through i will go get it

I have somebody. :slight_smile:

I’m jealous that I’m getting a BlackBook as well. My bank account isn’t, however.

I bought a neat backpack for it today. It doesn’t look like a laptop backpack, which is probably a terrific thing.

Isn’t it $4.75 if you have already used your “free” thing for the year? I could go to orientation and get an ID and then fool them, but this is easier. I figured I’d be getting my tuition deposit back…

I have a copy that doesn’t require activation and had Vision and Publish included…

Lemme know if your source falls through. You can have it for FREE since you are my friend.

it’s for Mac?

Whoever is getting it will most likely get it from me or a co-worker.
First question, do you still have a UB id? We’re not strict as much as we were. Our bosses said if they have a UB id, give it to them. Yes, this is even if you have graduated. Just don’t tell us that you graduated already. We still can deny you. Just ask for your copy of Office.

So cliffnote - If you have a UB id and never got Office 2004 for Mac, come in yourself. If you don’t and someone else is getting it for you, the question is, did they already pick up a copy of it. If so, you are out of luck. Only one copy per title ever (not year). If you didn’t pick up Office 2004 but in the past 364 days you picked up another copy of Office (like Office 2003), then it will cost you $5.17 after tax. If it has been at least a year since you picked up a different version of Office, then you will get it for free.

I’d hook you up, but a paycheck is pretty important to me. But the main thing is whoever picks it up, don’t be an asshat and say you are picking it up for someone else, because then we don’t have to give it to you. And IMO $75 is a lot to give someone to pick it up for you, but it’s your money.

BTW, if you didn’t pay your technology fee or a deposit for the semester, you won’t get a UB id.

$75 is a lot of moolah.

But I would have paid it anyway.

How low is somebody willing to go! $20? I just want to make sure whoever does this for me isn’t going to need to use it within a year. I may take a friend out to lunch for their services. We’ll see. :slight_smile:

P fucking C… I guess I didn’t read your post enough…

open office FTW

i was gonna go on my break today, should i or shouldnt i?

Wait. I’ll update this if I don’t get it from a friend. :slight_smile:

But I’m thinking $50, not $75. Are you sure you won’t have to get Office within a year?

I was looking at that.

Good? No? Compatability issues?

yeah im sure, i never really have a problem with stuff like that. ill get it on my break, if u dont take it, ill just add it to my collection

You have a mac too?

How sweet.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/office2004/howtobuy/howtobuy.aspx?pid=howtobuy

that’s what we’re going for. not the PC version. I mean if you want the PC version that would be swell but I won’t be able to buy it off of you. harhhar

yea ill get the mac version, i like having random software packages. its like having a sweet dvd collection

never had a single issue with it… fully compatible with microsofts office documents (and vise versa). Can do anything M$ office can do (has clones of excel/word/powerpoint/ect)

hell with spending an arm and a leg on software when you can get a perfect substitute for free :slight_smile: