8/8/09 - Cruise Against Cancer

I’m posting this for my friend. This is a great event for a great cause. I hope you are able to make it!!! We have had a lot of great response to it, and it should turn out to be a huge event!

The 2nd Annual Cruise Against Cancer will be held on Saturday August 8th from 10am - 2pm, 1641 North French Road, Amherst. The cruise is open to all makes, models, motorcycles and spectators. Featured events include free lunch for all registered participants, chances at raffles, give-a-way’s, prizes, entertainment, dash plaques, awards of excellence, gift bags and MORE!!

The registration cost is $20 and all money raised goes directly to the Jacquie Hirsch For A.L.L Research Fund at Roswell Park Cancer Institute. Jacquie Hirsch was a young, beautiful, caring person and avid car enthusiast when she was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia at age 22. She battled for nearly a year and after two bone transplants, Jacquie was taken from us on September 6th 2008. Jacquie and other patients like her need options when faced with life or death circumstances, so, in order to help other patients and their families, The Jacquie Hirsch For A.L.L Foundation will also have the National Marrow Donor Program at the cruise to test potential donors. It is a simple, painless process that only requires the cells in your cheek with a Q-tip. Once tested, you may have the cells needed to donate to a patient who is waiting for a match for their life saving transplant. This testing normally costs individuals $52, however, Jacquie’s Foundation is paying for anyone to come get tested and join the national registry at the Cruise Against Cancer! Any individual who gets tested at the cruise will be entered to win a pair of brand new Big Bite Cross Drilled brake rotors specifically for your car donated by SSBC.

Other prizes offered throughout the day include, gift certificates, wine baskets, car care products, winter car storage, hats, T shirts and MORE!

Please join us on Saturday August 8th at 10:00am for a great show and a great cause! The cruise down to Roswell Park begins at 2:00pm and we will be presenting them with a donation check from all money raised at the cruise. More information about Jacquie’s brave fight and her foundation can be found at www.Jacquieforall.com. Location and cruise contact information can be found at www.AutoEnclosures.com.

Torey L. Hirsch Jr.
President
National Automotive Enclosures Inc.
1641 North French Road
Getzville NY, 14068
phone (716) 625-1066
www.autoenclosures.com

I would love to do this but they always fall on weekends when I work the whole day :frowning:

Go in late or call in sick :slight_smile:

Coming up this weekend. Great cause to support, get a free lunch, and then cruise with a bunch of cool cars to Roswell Park.

Weather forecast is 75 and sunny. Hope to see some of you there.

So here is a chance for you guys to come out in force and represent NYSpeed, support a great cause (cancer research), and also cruise from Amherst to Buffalo.

Hope to see some of you there! And bring your cameras, it should be some cool photo opportunities for the ride.

definitely interested after talking last night. whats the price to get into this meet if your not bringing your car in. and not trying to sound cheap, id still make a donation but just wondering.

It’s free for spectators. I believe they have open parking on the soccer field. Any and all donations are being accepted I’m sure.

There’s going to be a lot of cars for this one and the cruise should be interesting :slight_smile:

well, i said i need a picture of your car and also i still need to work on my camera skills, angles, and editing. so as of now, im done, unless something comes up.

Well, I am bringing it tomorrow, so there’s your chance. :slight_smile:

Last bump.

Weather looks good for today’s cruise. It looks as if it won’t rain until 4-5pm and the cars will be home by then!

Hope to see you there.

Had a killer time! Cruised with about 35 others down to Roswell Park to present a check. Im sure there will be several vids to come, I saw a bunch of video cameras in the cars. Here’s a few pics from the show in Amherst:

Later on down at Roswell:

Great time and great cause. You missed out on a fun time.
Look for a 3rd annual show from him in 2010.