8 second stock appearing Evo

Why not? I haven’t heard any of the big boys with Evos use 5th.

I’m not used to that kind of gearing in 4th I guess!

But you have an Evo LOL.

I think if you would have launched voltron in second it would have reduced your et a bunch. I don’t see why launching in second is a bad thing as long as you know the tranny will hold it (referencing the evo video)

A few guys have done that and it did provide their best ETs. My second is longer than the Evo 1st so it’s real hard on the clutch and entire drivetrain to launch in that gear. I had thought about it and will consider trying it at some point.

My bigger issue was getting into 5th gear. You can hear how long I’m out of boost in my videos and on the log I can see how many tenths longer that shift was than every other shift, not to mention time to respool and time to accelerate lost. It turns out that problem will be easily fixed with a hammer. The linkage was hitting the body of the car because my chassis isn’t as big in that area as the newer body style. I got into 5th with ease any time I wasn’t racing and was starting to think I just couldn’t get my head around racing into 5th gear or was getting too jumpy and screwing it up. Then two customers told me to go through the gears in their STIs and I could get into 5th just like any other gear so we looked under my car and sure enough the linkage was rubbing the body when shifting into 5th gear. Some day when Voltron makes a comeback I’ll have a few tenths from the tunnel hammering alone. :slight_smile: I also never flat shifted, but there were other issues at play too. I won’t get into those because I don’t want anyone to think I’m making excuses. I’m happy with what the car did for the quick budget build it was. :slight_smile:

holy shit that thing moves:tup:

I try to keep it under 153 :burnout:

Our car went 142 only reving to 8300 in 4rth, so at the 10k rpm’s that we will be reving to this year I dont see an issue going mid 150’s

-Em

nice

That’s awesome!

I like the beginning of the first run where he drives around the water box! LOL!

Any car without slicks or a good drag radial, as well as AWD cars should drive around the water box! Unless you put enough heat into your tires, the water is only going to hurt you.

Oh I know. I do the same thing when I run at the track. People always give you the WTF look!

Lol I know exactly what you mean. I get that look all the time! I try to tell them I don’t want it sprayed but they do it anyhow

this vid just got 10 better click high deffinition and crank up the volume to maxxx uuggggg i love this vid

That’s what I was wondering.

A “lightened” evo with no cage? I would not want feel safe driving that thing; good thing, too! Because I’m not.

So effing hot, though.

May have took the rollbar out. I think I see one in this vid I was talking about? watch in HD

thats his black drag evo

The guys from AWD Motorsports just posted this online…takes the luster off this a bit
“AMS has some issues… Time to come out the closet!! I guess they havent minded us sticking it to their ass this season… LOL”

I guess they’re almost an extension of Buschur…kinda like Dynoflash.

there is a whole story behind why that was said, but im not going to get into it here.

Almost all of there parts are buschur…

-Em