Wester NY getting it done!

I know a bunch of you don’t like him on here, but this is really impressive no matter who it is. I saw it on his facebook this week, he finally got his car into the 8’s. 8.81 @ 167 to be exact!

On EvoM, they keep track of the fastest and quickest Evos every year, going back to 2006. From what I could find, this run is the second fastest Evo ever (I think, they didn’t keep records past 2006 that I could find). AMS went 168 in 2006, but no one has gone over 167 since!

The video shows that he took the long way down the track too :lol:

https://youtu.be/aEGdwzvJwm4

impressive to say the least no matter who it is. I dont think i ever had a problem with emery.

You were beat by 2 minutes by fastfoci lol: http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?221421-Wester-NY-getting-it-done!

e85? Yes. I’m makin the switch next week.

Ahh, damn. This thread can be deleted if you want, or his! No need to have 2 of the same!

This thread is more appropriately named, and more informative. I’ve give 2 minutes for that. lol.

I don’t know man… wester ny getting it done! :smiley:

Yeah I was just giving neon a hard time. It’s actually pretty funny that these threads came up so close in time.

On topic, damn that thing looks violent taking off the line.

Not to make this into a who likes Em or not but he has always been super nice when I run into him at the track.

AMAZING to go 8s in a manual trans car. That is dedication and skill

That thing looks like a real handful. :tup:

Nice. A 167mph trap is really fast for running 8.81, that thing is making some power. :tup:

god damn! the launch is the best part of the vid!

nice. looks like a hell of ride

On EvoM, they keep track of the fastest and quickest Evos every year, going back to 2006. From what I could find, this run is the second fastest Evo ever (I think, they didn’t keep records past 2006 that I could find). AMS went 168 in 2006, but no one has gone over 167 since!

I don’t get along with Emery, but I have no issues with the other members of STM and want to congratulate them on the culmination of countless hours, dollars, and I imagine a lot of blood sweat and tears over the years to get to this point.

However, now that they’ve achieved an impressive run I suggest being proud of it rather than making a claim like that which is not true. Several Evos have gone quicker and faster.

For example, the STM that’s been around since 2002, many years before the STM of Rochester opened, has 3 different Evos that have gone faster than this. Here is the SLOWEST of the 3 running 8.3 at 169 mph last year:

:moon:

boom

what trans was in that car? the video said “STM Ghost Shifter”…

cant realy compare an “automatic” or “ghost shifter” car to a true manual shifting car such as emery’s. but still fast i guess. Unless emery converted to automatic.

No one at STM is making any claims to my knowledge, I just did some research myself, and in my post I said I went back to 2006 on the Evom official fastest/quickest Evo records, because it’s the only thing that I can look up easily, and there has only been one car, the AMS car, that has gone faster mph.

That was my only claim, said by me, no one else!

The original STM has a manual trans. in the car with a different shifter mechanism they’ve designed. When they broke AMS’s record AMS conceded that it doesn’t allow them to shift any faster, but would be more consistent.

Neonglh the APC Evo went into the 7’s in 2008. As someone so interested in drag racing Evos I find it hard to believe that you don’t know about any of the fast Evos except for the AMS car, but it’s good that you clarified you were making this claim for STM, not they themselves.