8 second stock appearing Evo

Just to get it out of the way…I think it’s dumb to run 8’s or near them without a cage and the other safety equipment. I’d rather have a cage, race seats and harnesses, etc. and feel safe instead of being unsafe just to say my car looks stock inside. The thing is heavily lightened so who cares what it looks like.

OK OK now that my little rant is over…thumbs up to AWD Motorsports whoever they are. They apparently ran an 8 second pass on E85 and a medium sized turbo (at 45+ psi) while retaining a stock look to their car. It’s nice and light so it’s nowhere near full weight, but as you’ll see it looks pretty normal.

Far more impressive to me (if the video isn’t doctored) is it claims they ran 9.01, 9.00, 8.98 on three successive passes. That’s extremely difficult to do on standard shift AWD setup so I give them two big thumbs up for that!!! :tup::tup: I don’t remember seeing anyone running times down that low and being that consistent on 3 successive passes in a stick car with AWD.

Jesus Christ. That’s a fast stick bracket car right there. Damn.

nice…

good lord that thing is quick 0.o

consistent if not anything else

dave buschur is right behind him with his personal car as well, he went 9.0 as well, but couldnt break into the 8’s

its rediculous how much the evo community has evovled this past year

Ummm, wouldn’t they have gotten the boot for running that fast 3 times without a cage?

it always depends who you are :smiley:

wow…

thats fuggin fast. I would not feel safe in that car lol.

Mike and the team over there are a bunch of good guys! Glad to see them do well with the new setup.

-Em

True. 9 second Evos are a dime a dozen with extremely well documented paths to build them so anyone can do it. They’re doing it on pump gas, pump/meth, E85, full weight, lightweight and all sorts of ways.
There will be a bunch in the 8’s this coming year.

We posted up 674 whp on pump/meth for a daily driver and people were just like…oh there’s another one. LOL
Are there really a bunch of Evos hitting that mark on pump and meth?

a ton are putting out 570+ on buschurs ballbuster dyno just on pump gas

Wow - very nice! Not a bad little commuter car. :smiley:

I had it out to check the tune and make sure it ran well on the new CDI box Saturday. I only got on it a couple times, but let me tell you…that car is bananas. It reminded me that one of the reasons why cars don’t usually come with power like this is they wouldn’t last 30 seconds in the wrong hands. It would go sailing up into a tree at 180 MPH or something.

Damn, I always wonderd what that car ran. It was holding off very fast dude, ‘LS2formula’ in a $$ race down there. That guy can drive for sure

Imagine running into that car in a street race and losing a huge bet >.<

you evo guys are nuts

i want to punch this guy

all his videos are him bashing people who run fast

“Your still spinning in 2nd” its a fuckin 800hp car

Does he launch in 2nd? I only hear him shift 3x. He can’t be stringing 4th out to mid 150’s?!?

sounded like he was right at the top of 4th