86 nissan 300zx

i may go look at one tomorrow…ttops…5speed/non turbo…needs rear bushing and some rear 1/4 work(expected with a car this age) haven’t seen it in person yet…any things i need to hear?(ex. STAY AWAY FROM THOSE CARS…or something)

unless your getting it for free I wouldnt want one sitting on my property making its value depreciate.

ha comming from burnyd i think you should run away. far far away

ha. funny… i guess it’s way different than a rusty old all trac??

anyway. my dad has one. his is an 88. he bought it new and he’s never really had a problem with it and he’s has run the shit out of it.

its an ok little car… its no ferrari though.

just be careful. it seems like they tend to rust out from underneath first… particularly near the rear end so a lot of times the car will still look ok but the floor board, trunk, etc is gone

unibody off resto on that Z also!

My buddy has an 88 or 89. It’s never given them (it’s been in their family since new I think) any real problems that I’m aware of.

Fun little car. I think it has climate control and all that shit. Pretty neat for a 20 year old car.

Import sports car from the 80’s. They all have the same potential problems. In particular, electrical gremlins and rust underneath. Other than that, just realize what you are getting into performance-wise…

160hp + 3000lb car = :down:

Swaps and retro performance parts abound, but if you’re asking about doing a swap/serious project car then your own research should reveal anything we have to say about this car and more.

Get the hell away from it, i told you that those cars are bad news

“Zac: My brother had one they are nice cars”
stfu noob