89 dodge shadow ftw!

I just put it on the road yesterday and took it out today. I dropped it off at my grandfathers because he is putting a new muffler on it but does any one have any spear parts lying around randomly ;D lol well just thought i’d let you guys know its up and running and it looks shitty as hell but its a car i got for free from my grandfather.

pics will be up when i get my car back :smiley:

Was just at M&M They have 2 shadows, and a ton of 2.2 / 2.5s out there you can probably find what you need.

Speaking of odd considences I just put my boxy hotness on the road yesterday, and hope to be driving it by monday. Just got the IC piping all set and ready to go on today. :tspry:

[quote=“GotzIceBox”"]

does any one have any spear parts lying around randomly

[/quote]

this shows spears’ parts

or were you looking for spear parts

lol^ i have some parts… anything in particular you are looking for. a great turbododge specific site is www.turbo-mopar.com a handful of friends of mine and I run it.

Brian

Supraman no need to mock me I know its not hard :smiley:
reliant Im just looking to improve the Torque and HP if u have any engine upgrades and I’m looking for a speaker system!!! lol right now i have a turn button radio with no speakers so its useless… yeah anything lying around would be nice and i just want something to play music I dont got much cash but I can save up :smiley:

convert it to a turbo setup. thats the easiest way. get a 88 2.2l non intercooled engine, 88 or 89 intercooled 2.2l or an 89 2.5L non intercooled engine and a wiring harness and ecm for a 88-89 turbo shadow and you are all set. the other years will work but its a little more of a hassle due to motor mount and wiring harness changes in 90+ cars and wiring harness differences in 87 shadows.

is the car a stick or an auto?

hows the body? rust? no sense in putting alot of effort in a rusty car. if its a stick and you dont wanna go turbo, those motors can take at least a 75 shot of nitrous though its a little risky with no timing control other than twisting the distributor.

Brian

yea its got some rust and the paint is pealing back.

its a auto and Im not a mr. know it all with cars. act. im a noobie :smiley: lol
but thats sounds like alot of work but I would love to look into it most deff

[quote=“reliant_turbo,post:7,topic:34384"”]

get a 88 2.2l non intercooled engine, 88 or 89 intercooled 2.2l or an 89 2.5L non intercooled engine and a wiring harness and ecm for a 88-89 turbo shadow and you are all set.

[/quote]

so should i get a 89 2.5L non intercooled engine and a wiring harness and ecm for a 88-89 turbo shadow?

or just go with the 88 2.2l non intercooled engine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-88-DODGE-SHADOW-2-2L-TURBO-W-O-INTER-OEM-CLUTCH-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33730QQihZ002QQitemZ120001035084QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

??

man all you need is a common block and have at it. i can’t wait to build another one.

[quote=“psychopjv,post:11,topic:34384"”]

man all you need is a common block and have at it. i can’t wait to build another one.

[/quote]

Does this mean you are getting another. Or buying the slutcar back after I drive it for one month.

im not very good with cars bro im actually rly bad but i want to learn

you could go with either motor. the wiring harnesses are the same. you just have to match up the right computer and thats not hard to get. i have a spare 89 2.5L turbo computer.

actually your best bet is prolly to keep that car stock (ie reliable) and change all the fluids (especially the trans fluid) and get a project car to tinker with.

one of my friends is selling a 88 shadow 2.2L intercooled turbo 5-speed on www.turbo-mopar.com. redpunk101 is his name. the car is in warsaw. very solid body, decent interior, needs some paint and needs a bunch of tinkering. he wants ~1000$ for the car.

im going to be selling a 88 plymouth reliant with a 3.0V6 5-speed conversion as well (soon as I put the interior back in the car and fix a few things) 60k mile motor, fresh full rebuilt trans from Cliff Ramsdell (if you are into TD’s you know who he is) 88 shadow turbo bucket seats, new struts/shocks as of last year, brakes gone over last year as well. 1000$

Brian

haha just busting your balls… take it with a grain of salt.

lol i know bro :smiley: and turbo that dont sound like a bad idea ill get back to ya :smiley: