8k Home buyer tax credit extended! - Post 94

They managed to squeeze up more money for the cash for clunkers thing, and I have heard a few rumors out there on the net that they were talking about maybe extending the 8k cash back for buying a home past Nov. 31st.

Anyone hear anything, or have any ideas why they would or would not do this?

–mark

With a trillion dollar deficit it shouldn’t get extended but you never know.

How far has that logic gotten you in the last 12 months? :fail: :stuck_out_tongue:

Obama Moneh! Woot!

One could then argue with a trillion dollar deficit it should have never been around, but it was. So, for my sake, I hope they do consider extending it :slight_smile:

I was in the market to buy, then decided to hold off. Now… I want to buy again. I am in a pretty good place, but it’s tough to consider buying a house now and basically paying $8k more than I would have if I bought a few months ago. It’s a small percentage of the overall cost, but still a percentage.

Yeah, having a fast evo is way better than buying a house. :wink:

Now imagine me having a fast house! :wiggle:

I hope so too. Getting shuffled off to Ohio didn’t help the home-buying plan for me. The realtors I’ve spoken with say it’s a distinct possiblity but don’t have much more than a gut feeling to go on. :meh:

Yeah, should have bought this year if you’re considering buying your first house. You’ll probably wind up paying an extra $8k for waiting a few months. Doesn’t matter though as far as planning goes. At this point it’s too late anyway.

I heard it was going to…but thats just hear-say. who knows what will really happen.

I got the 8K obama singles with my place. Thank god tx closes on houses in 3-4 weeks lol.

My agent said there are only rumors that it might be extended. I wouldn’t bank on it though.

I would say yes, only because the recovery hasn’t been as good as expected, but I honestly don’t think it should be since we owe so much more money then before the recession :gotme:

I think they should change it to 8K off a new car or furniture because I want one/sum.

I feel like my taxes should give something back to me.

You have to spend over 80k to get the full 8k fyi. Its 10% of total house sale.

I hope my 8000 dollars shows up soon. I am getting a little antsy

Yeah, I would not buy a house for less than 80k

home prices are expected to fall another 20%, so if that happens you’ll be better off anyway.

I don’t think anybody can answer your original question at this time.

Where did you hear that from? That would be fucking tits.

somewhere on CNN, but it’s a pretty generic average…

looks like Rochester will continue to be immune to the problems:

http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/homepricedata/index.html?market=11NY

Houses are slow as fuck. Fast car FTW.

watching/listening to the national news this morning i’m thinkin they might extend it