New Homeowner Krew, what are you doing with your interest free loan?

Me, i am hanging onto it as an emergency fund, putting it in a HSBC savings account at the current 3.5% would net me ~5k over the 15 year payback period.

http://www.federalhousingtaxcredit.com

:tup: thanks for the link

piss i bought my house in 07

getting rid of other loans since 3.5 is not worth a savings account (all except student loans are over 3.5)… I’ll bank more this way,.

i thought about that 2, but i have almost nothing in savings right now, and having a cushion would be nice

smart move…

weak

i wish i didn’t buy my house last year.

edit: this sucks a lot.

Either stuffing it into a savings where it’ll earn 3.25% or putting it on top of the mortgage.

there’s another $750 in free cash also if I remember correctly

Awww BS… I closed in Jan. WTF

They are rewarding people that are actually stimulating the economy?
Bullocks! They should have given it to the poor.

the real intent is to talk people who don’t want to buy a house into doing so… so depending on how you look it you could say it’s a problem… but the other side of the coin says they’re doing it to make people less likely to default by giving them a loan to use on a rainy day assuming they don’t just blow the money and end up in more debt.

this combined with the foreclosure rates… :tif:, possibly :tup:

Probably going to bank mine, or get new windows. Haven’t decided yet.

The house I bought was under 75k, so I get 10 percent of the purchase price.

I’ll take the cash, and put new windows and a roof on my place.

When do you see the money from this. I am looking for a home right now. Can I use this $7500 towards the down payment or will I not see this until I already have bought the home?

son of a bitch… bought my house May of 07…

God damn 7500 would have been nice, pay off 2 installment loans and some change to spare to go ontop of mortgage.

Wait, this says it has to be repaid if I read that right?

I closed March 28th…how much does that blow?

should be in for this :slight_smile:

appliances/furniture/student loans