Say you have a check for $10k

You have a check for 10k.
No problems with paying bills. No stupid car mods ( who mods cars anymore anyway?)
What can one do with said money?

IRA?
Bond?

InB4poorpeopleproblemsANDnewmancomment.

Open Roth IRA at vanguard and max for 2011 and 2012.

Shit, I would buy some land. You won’t get a lot but it’s a start.

Land = property taxes. You can’t own land, you rent it basically. They could if they saw fit, raise taxes to a point where you’d need to surrender your land.
Buy guns, ammo, physical assets. If you don’t know how to trade/invest stay away from IRA or paper assets IMO.

Do you have any debt? If so I would most likely get some of the monkey off my back before making any sizable investment.

Gold and Silver?

Put it under your mattress

Why don’t you bend over and I’ll show you.

Took ten posts for coke and hookers?

Nyspeed really has gone downhill.

I’d make 400 skydives.

Two weeks at a remote resort in Fiji for you and the lady.

Two months in Thailand.

I have a small loan on my car, but paying of off would be in my better intrest for my credit score. I pay extra every month and its not much.
I really have no idea on paper investments. IRA’s , stocks, ect.

Maybe investing in some rare guns wouldn’t be a bad idea

This.

I’ll send you my paypal address.

Rare means valuable based on collect-ability. Collectibles are fickle and shift as the economy goes. If we have a deflationary period, so will the price of your collectibles deflate, generally speaking.
The key when you’re not positive is to be diverse and take a multi pronged approach.

If the collectibles make you happy, perhaps the dollar value is less important, so keep personal satisfaction in mind.

Debt, while it is a small payment will pilfer via interest. Look at the bigger picture to determine if interest is a factor or not.

Hope that all makes sense.

I see what your saying. Won’t a “paper” invesment also shift with the market? I know reguardless any invesment is going to be a risk.
I have plenty of time. I live a “simple” life. I’m not awesome like newman and jump off shit and blow money risking my life.
Hell, maybe I’ll cash it and keep it in my B.O.B.

I would defintely start a Roth IRA if you do not have one. If you do have a Roth then I would start a Mutual Fund.

That’s two… :slight_smile:

Paper “assets” are a funny thing. They hinge on perceived value so they could be considered worthless if there is no willing buyer.
Everything shifts with the economy, that’s why if you don’t know what’s next you should be diverse.
Cash is king as long as there is deflation and we use continue to use that currency. If there is inflation or they eliminate the USD and move to a different currency cash is not king. LOL