9.21.06 - 10pm sharp - Club Diablo - dj.dstar, the Noble Truth

Back at it again. 18+, 5 bucks. 10pm sharp.

Come check us out, chill, have a few drinks, hell find some hussie to dance with. If you haven’t peeped us yet, you most definately should give us a chance! Should be a fun intimate show at one of the more overlooked nicer bars in Buffalo.

I heard about another show at Icon also. Friday the 13th. October that is… I’ll be at that show as well…I’m telling you guys should come see a good fuckin show…

Awesome.

The 13th will probably be the most fun show ever, I’m looking forward to it.

I was there and honestly this was the worst shit I’ve ever heard.
It made my gf physically ill and i was right behind her. We lasted about 5 minutes in there and left. I had to see the wonderful crazy Jen bartending though.

honestly no offense to you or any of your friends but not anything i can listen to.

Wow.

If you don’t like real rap, don’t come to a rap show :dunno:

What didn’t you like?

Constructive criticism > simply hating

Besides I’ve never really heard anything negative about myself or my co-pilot Noble…so I would like to hear it.

Why the fuck would you even post that? Tell him you’re not into hip-hop or DJing, tell him you didn’t like the sound, tell him you didn’t like the style, but don’t post that shit, that’s fucking disrespectful. What the fuck were you expecting anyway?

Some people are just ignorant.

i never knew it was a “real” rap show. other wise i woulden’t have went. not a huge rap fan but, if that’s what real rap is then i found music i do not like.

i coulden’t really get a sense of how your DJing went. i didn’t really stay long enough to pick anything much out or really listen to the beats in the back. the guys spitin’ flows were drowning you out which is one part i did not like. the guys rapping were not good at all. it was just an assult of words, there was no flow to them.

oh and :tup: to a good response . well said and well put. not like young snails down here.

i would post that because that’s how i felt. anyone who knows me knows i say what i mean and mean what i say.

now run along people are having adult conversations here.

that’s cool, good for you. maybe nobody has ever told you, but there is a difference between speaking your mind and being a dickhead. you exhibited the latter of the two.

i really didn’t see another ignorant comment coming from you. /sarcasm

well I would appreciate it if you’d put things a little more respectably - like I said I will always listen to constructive criticism.

That Matty G dude, the first dude rapping, is not someone I have ever worked with. They handed me a few CD-Rs and track list, I ended up using a minijack cable into my mixer and windows media player to play tracks off a clusterfuck of CD-Rs, and the soundman there obviously doesn’t know what’s up, or something, because that sound quality made even me cringe, and I’ve heard some bad sound before. Not only that but I feel useless, I’m not a jukebox, I’m a party/live DJ. I spin vinyl, not play CDs. I leave that to the Chippewa cats that don’t know their dick from a stylus. But whatever. Being a live performer is all about “making shit work,” especially when you’re the backbone of the night, so I made it work. I’m not here to make an excuse for myself because I felt my set went more then fine…just sayin the circumstances of what I think you might be getting at.

I work with Noble regularly, and honestly I hardly ever prefer to work with someone, him being an exception. I feel he’s truly dedicated and talented, on record and live. If you caught any of his shit, I would hope you felt it was a bit better then our opener, which I wasn’t exactly feeling 100 percent myself (specifically based on the fact of his lack of instrumentals and using his plain CD to pull a live show). That’s lazy to me, but that’s just my opinion. He’s still a nice guy, just sayin I felt that was a bit half-assed to say the least.

Sorry you didn’t feel it, I guess I’m speaking for others here as you didn’t catch me doing my thing, but it’s all good. Just next time keep it a bit more mature. Thanks for coming out and giving it a chance, and hopefully you’ll catch me on a better day then - I have no doubts there’s a handful of people on here that wouldn’t have a problem saying I’m one of the best locally at what I do.

I plan to attend 10/13, but I always plan to. So we’ll see how it goes… I can at least show my support by doing the flyer design. :slight_smile:

http://resolutionart.com/nobletruth/oct13front.jpg

that flyer is CERTIFIED FIRE

Don your so hip hop it scares me… :rofl:

I’m gonna try and make it out to the next show… And I give you credit son, you do have some good beats…

haha thanks eric. it’ll be fun as hell :slight_smile: