95-99 neon

so i have a question for any one who kno’s about 95-99 neon i have a code 12 and code 51 the,51 is fuel system lean would that be because of a bad o2 sensor or something else…

CODE 51** Oxygen sensor signal input indicates lean air/fuel ratio condition during operation.

CODE 12 Problem with battery connection.Direct battery input to pcm disconnected within the last 50 ignition key-on cycles.

for the code 12, try cleaning off your battery terminals and make sure theyre tight when you put them back on

and for the 51, your car is running lean for some reason, i say try running some fuel system cleaner. if that code comes up after resetting the pcm, then its something else obviously

all cars that have had the battery disconnected within the last (~)200 key cycles will read code 12

almost all mopars read 12

55 is end codes

51 is lean 52 is rich, both are from the downstream o2, replace it

^o so that is a o2 sensor then…i thought there was a seperate code for bad o2 sensor…or is there and mopar just decided to fuck with everyone?

usually the rich/lean (on older neons) condition means one of two things, your cat is going, or you need to replace the 02

once the 02 gives NO reading, then it throws the malf o2 sensor code

^oooo ok…thanks for the info mang…

just out of couriousity, how many miles are on your neon?

148k in my gf’s 97 stratus 2.0 5spd, and still running strong

^not yours… :lol: neon9787’s neon

well…to the comment about the cat… ur right my shit rattles like a mofo lol and when i hit its all broken up inside and it makes my motor bogg… so this the downstream the top or bottom im not sure…

o and my mileage is like 112,000 or so

my cat rattles like crazy too but i’m not throwing a code for the o2.
so maybe its just the o2 sensor… and they are kind of expensive.

yea true but the inside of mine is all broken up

so i hope that it is just an o2 sensor

^112k, yea change the o2 sensor

i think im just gonna change both sensors and my bad cat all at once lol