98 Flat Black Subaru Forester

Price Reduced: $3000 obo

I would like to sell my second car as I’m picking up an 03 WRX Wagon instead.

Make: Subaru
Model: Forester L
Color: Flat Black
Mileage Body: 201,xxx still currently driving
Mileage Engine: ~60,000
Transmission: 5 speed
Vehicle Location: Rochester, NY
Price: $3,000 obo

Bought the car in August of 08 to be my second car/winter car. Bought it from someone on Nasioc in Virginia, spent some of its life there and also some of its life in Utah. It came with WRX wheels, WRX short shifter, WRX cat back exhaust and WRX suspension already installed and handles great. The block was replaced by Subaru from previous owner and has ~60k on it currently. Since I’ve owned it I’ve put a new battery in last winter, put new pads on the front brakes and replace the front drivers side wheel bearing this past fall. Also the car will come with a newer carpet out of an 03 WRX.

Repainted the car twice since owning it, after a month of ownership painted the car two tone flat green/flat black. This past summer decided to change it and repainted the entire car flat black instead. The paints not perfect but it turned out pretty good. Also painted the door jams and rear hatch to match. While doing this I also Plastidipped some of the interior gray pieces to black. They look much better now then how they did. The headlights I also baked and painted the inside black and the corner lights I baked and painted all amber.

The bad (I don’t want the new owner getting an surprises):
-A/C needs to be recharged, I bought it this way but serving winter duty I never had this taken care of
-There was some rust spots around the windshield that I sanded and did my best to get rid of but its still kind of there, doesn’t appear to be getting any worse since I’ve bought the car and repainted
-Engine bay is pretty dirty
-Stain on ceiling from previous owner, looks like a soda exploded or something
-Drivers side seat has a rip in it
-Cruise control doesn’t work
-Windows are tinted with 35% but some of it’s peeling up

Overall this has been a great car to me but I just love having a fun turbo so now it has to go. I hope I’m not forgetting anything here but I will add stuff if I recall anymore. Onto the pics (Will not come with snowboard rack):

Yellow Side and you can see the painted headlights/corner lights:

Green Side:

Here’s an idea what it would look like with black wheels:

Thanks,
Mike

I want it, I have cash.

I don’t want to pay 3500 though. Send me a pm, if you can work on the price I would buy this monday.

holy hell, that thing looks absolutely awesome! I’ve seen so much shit painted flat black and it looks like shit. I was expecting to click and and see more shittyness, and to my surprise, it looks sweet.

Cool car…

Thank you. I spent a lot of time making sure the paint turned out good.

Doesn’t Subaru have a 3/36K and 5/60K warranty? Did they get some type of warranty that covered above 100K miles? Seems weird to have a warranty cover a new block at 140K miles. Is there any paper work on the engine work? I might know someone who is interested. How is the clutch has it ever been replaced?

OOOOOOO DAMN I wish I could pick this up…glws

I ran home quick on my lunch to try and find the paper work but couldn’t find it. I’ll check in some other spots to see if I can find it when I get out of work. I did find a print out of the thread from when I bought the car and it actually says replaced through Subaru but it not under warranty. I’m not sure why I thought it was under warranty though. As far as the clutch, it feels good but I’m not sure if it’s been replaced.

Additional stuff I forgot:

-Has a hitch for towing
-Has in-dash Information Center with compass, altimeter/barometer, temperature

Also I have a certian price in mind that if I get I’ll leave the 02 WRX Seats and blue STi Carpet in the car.

Current interior pics, seats and carpet may or may not come with sale but you can see the center console, lower half of dash and other parts that were plastidipped, used to be gray:

good price, well done matte job, how are the struts? Is it just the angle of the driveway or is the back riding low, could be wrong just curious when they were replaced last?

Maybe interested. PM me your bottom line price if you would.

Thanks

I think it looks this way because of the driveway being angled and also Subaru fenders are cut slightly higher in the front then the rear. My plan was to buy some lowering springs for a WRX wagon to lower the car some more, then there is a 1” body spacer between the front frame/sub frame which I was going to remove and if it was still noticeable there are some saggy butt spacers you can buy for about $30 from paranoid fabrications that’ll add some height to the rear to even it out. As far as the struts I don’t know how many miles are on the but they ride great, no clunking and still feel really good.

PM’d you

Price reduced. $3000 obo

Jut want to say that is a really good flat black paint job. :tup:

I’ve always had a love for flat black cars, they look so great when they’re done good.

Where is this car? I wouldn’t mind peeking at it.

I may test drive if it’s still around when I come up to Webster to pick up my gun. :slight_smile:

Nice Car. GLWS.

Slightly OT: How do you like the Plasti-Dip coating? Would you use it again?

For those wanting more info: http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

Car is in Rochester, I live down in the city but I work out towards Greece area.

Let me know. I have one person taking a look at it today.

So far the plastidip is good and I’d consider using it again. One thing I’d probably do a little different but I ran out of time with weather is put a few more coats on. There are a few spots where it’s starting to scratch off a bit and I’m sure with another coat or two this stuff would be solid.

can u pm me a bottom line also. ive been looking for a subaru and this caught my eye. paint looks great and im interested. thanks