$99,000 WATCH collection

Quoted from a watch guru.

[SIZE=“2”]"The 2100/La Brassus is actually a very beautiful and classic watch case. I’ve had two, and liked them very much (don’t have them anymore though). The flyback chronograph Frederique Piguet movement is one of the nicest out there, and is easily a match for a standard Patek movement, and far and away better than most standard Rolex and Cartier movements (which unless are Privee collection, are most likely ETA or also F. Piguet movements)

The collection is actually very well priced, but finding someone who wants 12 Blancpain 2100s and has a spare $100K and the desire is going to be a hard sell. You could part it out, and keep a few and probably come out ahead."

"Rolexes and Pateks, are of course, exceptional watches, for different reasons of course, but neither are the end all, be all of the watch industry. They do hold their value well, better than nearly everything else availble widely, but you guys should (if interested) read about some of the innovative and extremely artfully crafted watches being produced by other companies.

Obviously not everyone wants or desires an expensive timepiece, but at least learn and appreciate what they are, and why they cost what they do."[/SIZE]

I agree with you guys… I think they look hideous, but I guess that’s an art that needs to be learned… "D