99 Volkswagen Passat - $2250

Time to say goodbye to the B5.

99 Volkswagen Passat

102,968 Miles
1.8T - Automatic - Power Windows & Locks - Grey cloth interior in great shape.
Never been in an accident / clean title.

Over $6000 in repairs & maintainance since 2006

7/06 - Ignition control unit
12/07 - Timing Belt, Waterpump (Both precautionary - nothing was wrong, just a common issue in there cars around 80k)
Struts, Front upper control arms and lower right control arm ( I don’t know why they didn’t do the left), Camshaft tensioner seal
1/07 - n75 Valve, Coilpacks and Sparkplugs
12/08 - Tires(decent tread left)
7/08 - Blower motor and lower left control arm
7/08 - Rear pads and rotors
1/09 - Drivers window regulator (98K)

And more. I have a big stack of reciepts for the car.

The car was driven less than 5,000 miles in the last year. It has sat for the last six months.

The car needs:

• Brakes - Badly. They are shot from sitting.
  • ABS control module. The ABS light blinks, it’s $240 to have the module rebuilt by the dealer. It doesn’t affect the car at all. it’s just annoying.
  • Passenger window regulator (Window stays up)
  • The radio doesn’t work - It’s there I just dont know the code. The dealer can obtain this.
  • The hood latch sticks. This is just from sitting, and I should have it working soon.
  • The key fob doesn’t work. I the keys to unlock the car.

The only other thing to note is that the car shifts hard into reverse if you don’t apply some pressure to the brakes. I’ve had this looked at by Northtown twice and they say nothing is wrong.

Kelly Blue Book values for the car list as follows:

Excellent - $3,415
Good - $3,040
Fair - $2,590

I feel like I’ve covered all the major bases as far as repairs go and with a little TLC it will be a great daily.

$2250.

Please call me at 308-2307 if you’re interested. I dont really check the board too much anymore. The car is also on craigslist.

Thanks for looking.

Steve

good seller

As i posted on DITB this car is well worth every bit of the asking price. :tup:

This probably wont last long but I forwarded this onto a friend who has been looking for a passat

Thanks for the feedback guys, I took a deposit last night.

Sale Pending.

definitely let me know if that deposit falls through.

looks clean and like a good deal glws

Sold - Thanks guys.