A friend of my dad went to orlando and....

He runs up at cayuga all the time. The racing in orlando was AWESOME last weekend, I have 7 full tapes of video, but it sucks that he totaled the car.

Their track is terrible, with the guard rails being the #1 problem. They are just ramps…you need to have concrete, especially at the level these guys were racing. The quality tracks have concrete walls, and there is no opinion to this, its just plain safer. Had that been concrete, he would have given it a good smack but it wouldnt have launched him, flipped him, or even totalled so much of the car. The odds are that you arent going to go 200-0 by hitting the wall head on- you are going to glance off it like he did, only this made him fly over it

Still a little off.

Woud you rather Fall out of a second story window or roll down the stairs?

I don’t know about the guard rail being better in this particular case. It’s a rare occurence, but flying over the guard rail and hitting the ground hard on impact seems much worse than hitting a concrete wall and spinning or rolling on the track.

It’s not like he was driving directly into the wall at a 90 degree angle. He hit it at what, 30 degrees or so?

Ok now people are thinking. Maybe the ones thinking hitting a wall is not as bad as flipping over 6 times need to rethink and watch the vid over. Ok if the car smashes in the wall it will flaten one side and he would have stayed on the track and would have saved alot of shit. Now thats if there were contrete walls.

IHRA & NHRA mandate concrete or “jersey barriers” at all tracks hosting national events, it’s the reason NYIRP lost the Empire Nats, MOST of the time they keep the cars on the track, which is safer for the driver & the spectators.

Concrete barriers r replacing guardrails on our highways

:lol:

Hey my dad is bringing his street car up to NYRIP or Cayuga this weekend to see what it runs. Maybe we will see you there.

Hope to go Sunday to TMP, NYIRP is closed for the season :eekdance: