A friend of my dad went to orlando and....

He crashed. I will let the vid speek for itself. I wonder if they should change the gard rails to cement barriors.
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/Onefst240/?action=view&current=Fast_Eddie.flv

Holy Shit! is he ok?

did i hear a turbo spoolin’?

Yea he is ok. But the car is totaled. And yes you did hear the turbos spoolin. Its a small block with twin turbo. It ran a 6.70 @217mph.

glad to hear hes alright!
217mph is insane!!!

I didn’t watch the vid but I have hit concrete barriers before with the race car and it SUCKS. Hell even hitting the foam blocks at lancaster sucked ass. There is no good way to crash a car.

If it were a cement barrier the impact would have been harder.

ouch sorry to hear

If you look in the video, when the car hit the wall the wall bent over and acted like a ramp. Now if oyu have concrete barriers it would hit the wall and stayed on the track not flip 5 or 6 times.

Yes, and flipping 5 - 6 times is SAFER than hitting a concrete wall.

It’s all about the impact G-loading and the “second collision” (body’s internal organs compressing aginst racing harness, head and neck injuries, ect. ect.)

See also:

Princess Diana
Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Ok if you look at the car when it goes towards the wall its not actually hitting it that hard. Now if he would of hit a contrete one it would of flatened one side of the car and the car would have been fixable. The wall bending is what makes you guys think that it hit it really hard. Thats my opinion. Now if you look at dale earnhardt he was going 145 mph at the bottom af the track then got tapped and went hard into the wall front end first.

And that is why you are wrong :wink: Concrete hurts way more to hit than metal gaurdrails ( i know first hand) and both fuck cars up immensly.

glad hes ok

and thats what full cages are for

ouchh , glad to hear he made it

Dam, that shit looked fast as hell. Hope he OK.

that looks like a hell of an impact, i know you said the car is totaled, but im hoping that theres still plenty of driveline parts that are salvagable…

lets clear this up real fast

multiple smaller impacts are safer then one large impact … its that fucking simple

say your doing 90 mph up a mountian road … to the left is all small trees, to the right is a 100 foot cliff. your rear tires blow, you have to chose between spinning out into the trees, or spinning out off the cliff … which do you chose?

by the way, neither answer is realy wrong, because if you chose the trees, your smart and deserve to live. if you chose the cliff, your fucking retarded and darwin just pulled your ticket

lol that was a terrible analogy

let’s try this one…

Would you rather jump out of five 3 story buildings or one 15 story building?

rough dude glad to hear he’s alright

30 1/2 story buildings?

im terrible at math but 60 1/4 story buildings?