lol 14.2 @ 131 mph... funny stuff

http://www.amaterial.org/kcgeek/20051007_KCIR/20051007_EA_14_2_131.wmv

OK, so after I got back from the King of the Street Shootout,
I was itching to get back on the track and try my car out some more.

(Before the King of the Street, I hadn’t been on a drag track since I was like 20 )

So I decided to drive to my local track, and see what the Cobra could do on some 275 Nitto Drag Radials…

I want to thank the fine men and women at NITTO Tire.

For making a 275 drag radial

So I jumped in my Car
Popped in a CD
Drove to the track
Waited the 1 hour and 16min. in Line
Got to the line
Heated the Nittos up a little bit.
Pulled up to the light
No trans brake, no High RPM stall. Just brought it up to like 1100rpm

Light turns green
Rolled onto the gas about 1/2 way in first gear.
Clicked it into 2nd, and let the hammer down
The nittos held the power.

And after clicking 3rd gear it was over.

It netted a 10.94@130

Got my slip, and was kindly asked to never ever do that again, with out a cage or fire suit. I was asked how fast I could go… and he said 11.49

So I let the car cool a little bit, while I watched other KCSR people make there runs of the night.

Got back in line… and told myself not to run a 11.49 or quicker.

So I took the green and ran a…

14.2@131.9

Picked up my time slip,
Got back in the car… turned up the stereo…

And drove home.

bwahaha, stick it to 'em.

HAHAHAHHA

Talk about sandbagging.

lmao

lol… i was a second behind, and 30mph slower

now thats some funny ish

that was awesome hahahahaha

lol… i’ve seen that done before, but that was because they couldnt run under a 13.0 with out a helmet

haha good shit.

Being new here, you all don’t know what a crumudgeonly old fuck I can be, yet. But due to my age and experience I tend to see things a little differently. So, here is a (mild) example.

One of the reasons race tracks are endangered species is liability. Doing what that guy did was disrespectful to the track owner and potentially a source of liability. He was running withjout the proper safety equipment, a major faux paux in my book. If you have been around a while, you have seen how bad a 140mph crash can be. How much you wanna bet that if the worst had happened the guy would have sued the track for allowing him to run without the required gear?

Cool car though.

maybe he just had a bad reaction time?

for my run my rt was a 5 something… but my 60’ was 3 seconds or so…

BTW - A bad RT would not net him a high ET… the clock don’t start until you leave the line. :wink:

lol u keep thinking that :slight_smile:

I hope he was being sarcastic… I know he doesn’t necessarily <3 straight line racing, so I wouldn’t hold it against him, unless he let me.

haha, i know how it works gents.

well thats the tracks fault then for letting him run again after they already know its a 10 second car, imho

Do you work for The Barnes Firm? :slight_smile:

:word: Its not like he installed a cage and got a fire suit while at the track, so why even let him line up again?

haha no :slight_smile:

but really, its one thing if he kept sandbagging THEN the last run of the nite he ripped off a 10 second pass, then you really can’t blame the track, know what i mean? not that it matters cause its all pretty trivial, but just saying :slight_smile: