lol 14.2 @ 131 mph... funny stuff

shit… IMHO, all tracks should make you sign a “race at your own risk” waver… that way their not liable for the stupid stuff people do at their track (but obviously still enforce safety regualtions)

Waivers really dont mean shit. People will still sue and win.

And they do make you sign one anyway… btw.

I dont ever remember signing anything at nyi lol… except filling out my vehicle info (then again, they dont do tech inspection either lol)

and I dont know how they can do that… a legal contract is a legal contract. Just goes to show how retarded our justice system is :tdown: fuckin lawyers/judges

It irks me that people would sue the track. I like to think if I wrecked, id just say “well im a dumbass” and hope i stay alive…

werd… frivilous lawsuits are ghey. I’m not gonna get political in this thread, but I’m glad some new judges are hitting the supreme court bench. Shit is WAAAY out of hand.

we need like judge judy and shit… “you wrecked your car at XXX track? GOOD your a dumbass… hope ya learned your lesson”

and people wonder why insurance is so freakin expensive

The reaction couldn’t have been to bad because he rolled forward starting the clock, its his 60’ time that was scary.

you sign it when you pay to get in

I also think it was kinda dumb. If it was a real slow carin the other lane. And he waited longer he would have passed him with 100mph differnces. He could have got loose at the 330’, do everything he could. But rear end the other car bad. There both fucked.

i seen a low 11 @ 80 mph

but it was the opp of what this guy did

:tup: to him

:word:

why bother running to get a crappy ET anyways, regardless of trap speed? those rules are there for his own safety, and of course, to cover their asses too. i wonder why they let him run again - i thought most tracks just gave you the boot in such a scenario :gotme:

they probably didn’t notice him getting back in line, you have been to NYI before you know the cars run back to back and the people working the line don’t know what he ran they are directing the next cars upto the line, probably just slipped by.

I also think it was kinda dumb. If it was a real slow carin the other lane. And he waited longer he would have passed him with 100mph differnces. He could have got loose at the 330’, do everything he could. But rear end the other car bad. There both fucked.

you have a very valid point if I were in teh car that got rearended I would be extremely pissed and would definately file legal action against the driver but I guess i’m just a ass like that. now if he hammers on it from the line and gets on the brakes at the end I would see that being much more safe but many times my point of view differs from most.

lol YES it was disrespectful, but pretty damn funny

^^^^WERD

the thing I dont get, is yeah… most places a 13.0 is the limit for no helmet which usually traps around 110 ish range, yet an extra 20 mph is all of a sudden too dangerous?

IMHO, they should set limits in place not by the trap time but instead set limits/safety regulations by the trap speed. Especially since someone hooking up real (ie, low mph and low et) well is less likely to wreck up the track opposed to someone spinning their tires all the way down the track (higher et, higher mph).

Aren’t they adjusting it anyways? Stock C5 Z06s… are running high 11s. Now they need a cage? WTF?

With faster technology came safer technology. Update the friggin books already.

ppl are still running older cars tho, so how will they say who is and isnt allowed on the track

the same way they do inspections.

but whose to say that u would be safe in a z06 if u wrecked on quarter mile, i agree that cars are much safer now more then they were a while back, that goes without saying, but is it really safe enough to run a quarter mile in 11 seconds, wreck, and not get fucked up and possibly die?

not to mention if the track tells the guy with the stock z06 that hes allowed to make a 10-11 second pass and then turns around and tells the kid with the hatch running the same that hes not allowed to go, that its not gonna cause a fight. Im pretty sure thats asking for contraversy