Friggen! Drag Radials ?

Well this past Friday night I took the vette up to the 1/4. I was kind of disappointed at the results, but I think they are mostly driver error (me sucking at launch) or crappy track conditions. The best run I could pull off with the vette was a 13.2/60’-2.3/trap 110mph…I was really hoping to hits 12’s but its was still fun. There where a ton of mustangs there. There were also a buncho sti’s/evos. The sti’s where running high 13’s low 14’s! Whats with that? I thought they ran close to the ls1’s? The fastest subie out there was a wrx running 12.8xx. I’ll be trying to get up there, maybe when there are less cars to practice a little. It seemed like I could hook up better on the street then at the track:rant:. Anyways the bbk throttle body and nos should be on by the end of this week and i’ll try to get back up at the track and she what she will do…

Maybe you should get tires and drive better before you spray your way to mid 12s with a high trap in your current configuration…

IRS is VERY hard to get a good launch on a track …

and the last friday of the month is a MOMS event … that would explain the bangers there

those times sound kind of weak.

bone stock with just mufflers and shitty Kuhmo ASX all weathesr i was pulling

85.76 mph
107.43 MPH

and your car is modded so something doesn’t seem right to me.

what was your full time slip read out more importantly your 60 foot

i don’t think i’m that good of a driver so i disagree

no matter what your still getting wheel hop out of the hole … maybe just a little … but some …

Ask LNDMSL …

yeah i was getting a little but after having a civic for so long i’m a veteran in the battle with wheel hop :slight_smile:

my best 60 foot was 2.3, it was horrible…I was spinning out second…I’ve come to the conclusion that the track was in bad shape…just due to the fact that I don’t spin 2nd on the ever and 1st only if i try…but that was also the first time I’ve ever had her on the track…i’ll get the full print outs later today when i get home…i’m the suck

how were you launching?
what rpm?
drop or feather?
how much were you heating up the tires?
and when did you want me to take it down the track for you :slight_smile: ?

shouldn’t you be out thinking of excuses as to why you are losing to civics?

:picard: :deadhorse:
shouldn’t you be out paying entirely to much for a bad hair cut?

Did you lower your tire pressure?

i haven’t paid for a haircut in years.

also, the sti drivers probably just sucked at driving, i really need to get mine to a track though, so i can be more than just talk. I’ve heard that the 13.2 numbers that get kicked around are a bit “inflated” so to speak.

word^

-did you roll through the water?
-did you heat up your tires?

I dont think I saw what brand drag radials you’re using but, I found out that the Nitto 555R’s need ALOT of heat to get sticky, like in a good 5sec.+ burnout. I still only got a 1.9 on a FWD car with lots of tq. on mine.

MT Drag Radials FTW

maybe caused by the weight-transfer

yeah. that too.

I’m not running drag radials…they are just shitty kumho’s… i think i need them though lol i’ll be looking for 305/35/18 555R’s i think over winter…if some ppl wanna go to the track i’d let yah run my car…i was feathering the clutch at about 2000 rpm and it wasn’t hooking for shit…i’ll be going a few more times trying to get some better results though…i’ll be up at duff’s today is anyone else going? i think i saw choda ripping some 10’s out that night

drop it at about 2800 to 3k it’ll bog for a second but you’ll see better 60 foot times and better times all around and the clutch won’t heat up as much helping with shifts