Results from Lancaster 9/16/08

well, tonight was a great night for racing. midless, 355firebird and myself were at the track.

I ran out of gas when i first got there and had to call the wifey to bring me some.:fail: after that i managed one good pass. I ran 7.3 @103 with my best 1.78 60ft sofar.

I tried a few more but had to get outta it with my car pedaling back and forth in 3rd and 4th gear.:frowning: scary shit.

midless ran his best 60ft and ET and 355firebird did great runnin high 6’s like usual.

:tup: cant wait for saturday.

What kind of tire were you on? Good ET and GREAT mph.

i ran the hoosier quick times for the first time. The car hooks great and the launch is ALOT softer. However when i quick shift the car wants to kick out. I think i had them a touch too low on psi. I just wanted to get some practice on the new tires before nyirp saturday.

LOL get this shit in one thread god john

Thats what I figured you were on. They always did that to me and it freaked me the fuck out but its all just part of running on that type of tire. After time I basically learned to just ignore it. That is why I kept going back to drag radials but never found one to hook how I wanted it to :frowning: Good luck Saturday!

well, the problem with the radials was i kept getting wheel hop and snapping axles. I just got my cryotreated axles back in the car and the slicks so hopefully the axles breakage is a thing of the past. but we shall see. I didnt push it today, but i will actually launch the car on sat. Just hoping the faster i go the more stable it feels.lol

After a while you wont worry about it I swear. You could even see it a bunch of my videos where the car would (float) around but it is common. But yea on a manual car that makes real power F drag radials. I cant wait to see what you can pull out of the car this weekend. 10s at 135+? Maybe I will have to build one of these.

we shall see, i just hope its stable enough to stay in it at 135mph. I just want 10’s. thats my goal then ill be happy. I was also talking to prior today and he has some ideas that might make my rear a little stronger.:smiley:

Well I was running the ET shack for all of you guys…

I ran one pass at the end of the night with the mickey’s for the first time…
1.82 60ft
8.49 @ 82.26…

I had one 8.58 ever before on motor so this is a new best by far, same with the 60ft, old best was 1.95

thanks for the mickeys jon

Patiently awaiting Firebird355’s thread to hear all three sides of the story, i call BS.

I wana know how pissed you where that you ran out of gas…

lol

do both of you have a way to get the cars home if they break?

nice times!

bills car did break. But we know spare axles are a must atthe track so we were prepaired. If not axles im also a gold aaa member.lol

Also my dad brings a tow chain lol that would be a ton of fun coming home from NYI

How much psi r u @? Go up 1/2 a pound @ a time. Ck right after u make a pass for consistent #'s

i was runnin 15psi. I think 15psi in the slicks is still a touch too low for 26X9.5X16s. I think i might just start out at 20psi at the track and go down from there if needed.

lol i could see the tow chain fun right now… i still can get the dolly if need be remember

I use to run them, u should find that between 15.5-16.5 b/4 the pass will work. They will gain 1lb after the burnout/&pass. Make small adjustment’s, a 1/2 lb is the difference between hook’in & spin’in