went to Lancaster today.....

hit a 7.93 @ 90

my 60 foots were a joke considering i was on slicks and i have just about full suspension inc QA1 adjustables… i was also unable to use my front skinnies because my front studs were not long enough… not too bad for the first time down the track in a manual and first time in this car

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g259/stanggang1892/P1020131.jpg

vid:

another run vs an Lt1 SS ran an 8.0 here

BigEd88 also showed up, heres him vs a GXP

LOL were you spinning or bogging out of the hole? MPH is looking pretty good

OOO, I gotta get to Lancaster. Good runs man.

it was eiether or … i couldnt find the sweet spot worth a damn

spray the bitch :slight_smile:

Nice way to start the season. Car’s didn’t like the heat I’m guessing but heck, this is buffalo and I’ll take it as a blessing.

Best time was a 9.2151 @ 75.50 with 2.0752 60ft. I think that’s my best time at Lancaster thus far. Don’t think I ever went there with the pulley on. (best 8th at NYI was 8.816 @ 78.56 w/2.013 60ft with RSA street tires have nitto’s now so we’ll see)

nice first run!

Hmm what tires rae you on? What are teh fronnt and rear shock settings? Line lock? Front swaybar? How was your burnout?

+1

+1

Nice my Formula was going 7.6 end of last season…

i have MT et streets. front are 3 from soft and the back are 6 clicks from soft i believe … no line lock, no front swaybar… i think i need to do a longer burnout, i just spun them until they started to smoke a bit.

On a car you arent used to this will sound nuts but i would start all the way soft on the front and all the way still in the rear and watch the video and adjust accourdingly each run. 16-20 psi in the tires 2nd gear burnout with some good smoke hang it to 6k and let er rip.

BTW i left mine set at all the way soft(front) my last season and was cutting amazing 60fts you just need to be weary of a hard unload to do it that way you really need to hang em pretty good.

Good 'ol Lancaster tech Nazi’s. Did he stick his pencap into the end of the lug to show you how short they were? I run the longest ones made by ARP, takes all of 15 minutes to change them out.

nice runs man, I am trying to pick up a car on Weds that traps 95mph in the 1/8th

I was looking over my slips from last year at NYI…my best 1/8 mi. run was a, 8.1 @90mph. Got damn! I cant wait to get slicks on my bitch.

*Ed, I hope you didnt bother getting the Nitto 555R’s for your car…they didnt help me worth shit, and since mine were 245/50R16’s and they are too wide for my rims and the tall side wall made for some sloppy control. 17’s might be better…as far as handling and well, ~maybe~ you could get more traction out of the Nitto’s since you have a bit less power than I. I honestly dont mean that in a “Asshole” kind of way…its a viable theory. If you have less tq. to the tires they might grab better. Example, I turned my WOT timing down to 15 and ran 91 for the week (cheaper) well, when I went WOT for a slow roll, the tires barely spun. It was nice to have some traction.

I traded for them with the tires I was getting rid of on my winter rims so no harm no foul.

Honestly going around town and punching it they seemed to hook better than at the track, I have become pretty good at rolling into it on the street though, but they don’t seem to break loose as happily as my prevous tire experiances. I do notice they kinda want to wonder with the shape of the road.

We’ll see at NYI, maybe I’ll burn them out a bit longer or just spin them quick up to the line to clean them off… I’ll try both experimenting needs to be done. What PSI did you find them to run well? I started at 28 and have worked my way down to 22-25 I think.

However, so far I’m right where I was with the RSA’s I had last year (the set I actually traded for the 2 Nitto’s and rims). They’re into the wear bears pretty deep, just like my RSA’s were (RSA’s closer to just touching) so I’m open to suggestions on what will go on there next. The Nittos honestly appear somewhat to be just a summer tire with a large contact patch…but I guess that’s the point of them…

So much for my dream of burnout+pedal threw the floor/hard brake=release and good 60ft.

Ah so you must be the guy I remember swaping his cat-back on and off and then spinning down a good portion of the track.

A bunch of GP guys are getting together next saturday I believe for a night on the town, shoot me a PM if your intrested.

nice runs

What kind of mods are done to this car? Nice runs for the first time out!

231/237 cam, full exhaust, 9 inch rear end

went to the 1/4th today, ran a 12.0 @ 116 cutting horrible 60 foots… i will post up vids and timeslips a bit later

12.0 on your first runs of the season is moving pretty well man. Congrats now spray it.