Acceptable Helmut Rating?

would my one year old SUOMY spec-R1 motorcycle helmet work for these events?? It is BSI approved, which is higher than SNELL.

If it doesn’t say SNELL on it, it can’t be used. :slight_smile:

are you friggin serious? That’s such BS!! BSI standards are higher than SNELL…BOOOOOO :nay:

Motorcycle helmets are rated differently than auto helmets. Although some believe they are safer, they are not made to take blows to the top of the head (i.e. a roll cage). At least that’s what I’ve been told.

go slap the person who told you that!! Why would they not be made to take a blow to the top of the head? My Arai that I crashed with last year took a big blow to the top of it and did it’s job perfectly! When you crash on a MC there is no telling what and where you are going to hit.

The thing is BSI isn’t recognized by the Western Canada Motorsports Association. They are the ones that make the rules. Is there a possibility that your helmet is also Snell rated?

And yes, auto helmets are made differently than MC helmets, but that isn’t what this thread is about. :slight_smile:

Lets start a new thread to talk about this, and leave this one to signing up to the Group Buy.