Advice for my Eclipse

Hey guys, I have a 2001 Eclipse and am having a rust problem on my trunk. Is there anything I can do get rid of it? Can I paint over it or can get a used trunk of the car in a junk yard?

Any other ideas are much appreciated, please let me know. Thanks!

no matter what u do to the existing trunk…it will come back…a good temp. fix would be to grind it down to bare metal getting rid of all the rust u can see and paint it with POR-15 and paint ur body color over it…

Jason, you’re better off finding a used trunk at the junkyard. Check out M&M You-Pull-It, I’ll give ya a hand taking it off/putting the new one on if you need it. If it’s not the same color, you’re probably looking at around $200ish for paint depending on where you get it done.

i was in m&m last sunday and i didnt see any eclipses

you will never see an 01 eclipse in that junkyard, its a shithole for everyday cars

get a CF trunk/new trunk/used trunk/grind it down

go on club3G.com find one there, always parts for sale.

I am looking for a new trunk for my 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. It is rusting and I really need to replace it. Please let me know if you can help me or where I should go. Looking to buy one and any year that can fit the Eclipse I have. It comes with the glass and no wipers.

Thanks

Stop spamming up the board, there is no need to post the same thread 3 times

what years are you looking at, model, brand? whats your price range. looking to buy or finance. alot of missing info here man