Agreed Value / Collector Vehicle Insuance (Grundy, Haggerty, Rally, etc.)

Who are you guys with, if at all?

All the Z guys seems to like Grundy because they have no mileage restrictions. I was quoted $390/year for my modified Z with all the same levels I currently have through Geico.

Also, anyone ever have to file a claim? Is it more or less of a hassle?

I did this through an agent (Alliance Insurance in Cheektowaga) when my Fiero was a 3rd car. It wasn’t Grundy but it was unlimited miles. Was paying $70 a year full coverage, but obviously less agreed value than your Z. Few hoops to jump through including copies of the registration for daily drivers for each driver in household, pictures of garage, and a notorized statement that no one under 25 would drive it. Worth it for what I saved though. Never had a claim but my agent said the only thing to be careful about was if I was driving to/from work since it wasn’t supposed to be a daily driver.

Bump.

I’m paying nearly 1200/year for my Viper that I only put 4,000miles on last year. It is one of 4 cars on my policy, 2 of which are newer daily drivers.

This year I will probably put more miles on than last year and I do occasionally (like once every few weeks) drive it to work. Sometimes the car sits outside in the summer, but if it being in the garage is a real concern, I have an open space for it.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with specific companies?

Had Hagerty for maybe 3 years with agreed value. Unlimited miles, no hassles about other drivers. Was pricey though. Gave up on it this year. Went back with basic full coverage.

I have American Modern which is through the GEICO Specialty department that set me up with for one of my motorcycles with agreed value. Go through an application process that you send pictures, details, etc over. Actually not sure on mileage restriction as they simply asked what’s the purpose of the motorcycle, to ride back and forth to shows and I said yes. Didn’t want proof of mileage or anything. For example; my 1978 Honda has an agreed value of $20k with $0 deductible in the event something happens and costs me $260 or $290 a year, can’t remember now.

I use them for the mustang. Was easy to get up. Gave them a couple pictures. Named a price I want the car insured for. I pay $250 a year unlimited milage. Never had to make a claim though.

I’m fine with being insured for book value. I just feel like I’m paying an astronomical amount, and I’m thinking that by going this route I’ll probably save some. I’ll try to call around today.

I use grundy’s on my VW, no issues, no milage restrictions, but I have only driven it 300 miles in the past 2 years.

I had a quote for my 911 at the time I bought it and it was a significant savings over Gieco, but decided to stick with Gieco because I had intentions of using it as a Summer DD, so I stuck with Gieco, drove the care 1200 miles last year…

GEICO

I should look into that. I think I pay 2500 for my bikes.

You also have what, 7 motorcycles on the road? Insurance for my other two is cheap but, that’s also not specialty insurance.