Ahhh I love new tools...

Recieved a mechanics best friend today:

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae134/alexsobo91/Car%20stuff/20090630225052.jpg

They are the original metric gear wrenches(low profile ratcheting wrench), life time warranty. They were on sale at sears for 60 bucks a set and I absolutely think they are worth every penny. Especially for anyone working on cars. The ratchet action is super smooth and is like a snap on ratchet, they ratchet after only 5* of rotation.

I love new tools, I’m just looking for an excuse to use these now. These things rock.

Best part about it, haha my girlfriend bought them for me!

I love my gear wrenches, they make doing brakes so easy.

I have a set of those they kinda suck. I let the techs use them. My blackhawks stay at home.

I have the set with the locking flex heads…I love them.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x293/ehardware77/SATA/GearWrench/XLLockingFlexCombinationRatchetinge.jpg

I never had any luck with gear wrench products. I bought a set of mac ratcheting wrenches 2+ years ago that have held up great, but I also paid a lot more than 60 dollars. I guess if you don’t have to use them every day they probably hold up better. Either way for that cheap(or free in your case) you can’t beat them.

FUCK

I swapped to an aftermarket swaybar yesterday and I was turning the fucking endlinks like 1/4 turn each time due to space constraints. I would have been better off running to sears and picking up a set. FML Now I will go buy some this weekend and probably have nothing to use them on for months.

i have had a set of gearwrenches for almost 10yrs now and still going strong. realy cant complain with the quality/price.

love mine!

+1, i love these things.

Nice. I need a bunch of new tools, and i want to start fresh. I may have to pick me a set up.

lol, that’s how it always goes.

what sizes come with the set??? … I have wanted to get a set but I dont want to buy a set with like 11mm and 13mm …I found a set that did not have a 10mm or a 12mm …how would I work on a honda with that shit

HATE mine. i used to love them when i was just doing hobby shit but from a professinal standpoint htey are a pain. the steel they are made from is soft, the ratchet head is to big to clear what most regular box ends will, theres no degree to the head, if you are backing of a fastener and theres no room to get the wrench of the fastener you cant just turn the other way as it just ratchets freely. plus they are shorter than a standard wrench to limit over torque of the gears, therefore you lose leverage. other than that they are gret for little tinkering. a set of flex head reversibles are much more friendly

Never used them before… At least they’re metric so you can work on your Cummins with them. You’ll use the 10mm A LOT.

I believe 8 10 12 13 15 16 17 18

I <3 gear wrenches as-well

Gear Wrench is good quality for a DIY guy or at home. If you are a Pro Tech, step up your game.

Agreed. I’ve got GW at home, and a Matco set (less a 13, which mysteriously disappeared) at the shop.

truth, i just hate reversible ones b/c they’re knuckle busters, and the flexible ones always flex when you don’t want them to… so i stock GW metrics from 8-19mm, i warranty the 13mm quite often. eventually i’ll swap them out but they’re not something i always reach for anyways, so it’ll be a while.